Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Oct 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Hotel vs villa

As the title suggests, we are looking at going in a couple of years two families. After going this year we did Disney for a week and I drive for 9 days.
As great as it was, wondering whether a villa would be better for us financially. Purely to get the most for the money.

Obviously with a villa there are villa costs, rental car costs, parking, eating out etc. Anyone got a rough guide info on this sort of thing? Eating out not so much but more villa, car, parking costing etc. Where’s good to start.

In my head rough workings out initial basics it’s half the price, but am I being thick? It doesn’t include food for the weeks etc but most other bits.
Any help greatly appreciated
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi a lot will depend where you want to stay and what size property. Further from Disney ? Cheaper but then more travel time etc so big decisions to be made. Car hire £350 2 weeks.
Parking at parks $22 per day.

Edited at 05:19 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

How many people per family, this may give everyone a better idea on advice.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It's probably better to factor in two cars unless you want to all get up at the same time every day and do exactly the same things, which means more fuel, parking costs but can be the difference between a great holiday and a disaster.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi a lot will depend where you want to stay and what size property. Further from Disney ? Cheaper but then more travel time etc so big decisions to be made. Car hire £350 2 weeks.
Parking at parks $22 per day.
$25 a day now
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think if you are going and just doing Disney then onsite is best, but we always do a split stay, 5 nights at Disney followed by the rest of the time in a villa/hotel by the beach. They both have their pro's and cons, my DH loves offsite in a villa, I love onsite in a hotel, but with 2 teens it's getting harder to have us all in the same room for a long time haha. We tend to only visit the parks 2/3 times while offsite as enjoy all the other things Florida has to offer, the shops, eating out, state parks and the beaches so don't worry too much about paying for parking at the parks. We love the space, being able to just walkout and sit in the sun in your jammies before the rest of the mob wake up, Food is better and cheaper offsite plus you can cook, or get take out when you like. Food shopping is more expensive than it is here but there are so many places to shop you can get by without spending an extortionate amount. We love doing the spilt stay, it's the best of both worlds.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
How many people per family, this may give everyone a better idea on advice.
By the time we go it’ll be two families of 4. Eldest child will be 10, 6, 5 and 2.
We were thinking two cars, somewhere close enough to Disney.
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

If you try and compare a villa against a 2 bed at okw with ddp.
Old 6 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
screwy55

Its a great question - onsite v villa.

I think they both give you different experiences on holiday - personally I always go for a villa as we like the space and the privacy. I have a 10 & 12 year old and I would not want to share one room with them for two weeks on site - I love 'em but its my holiday too!

I am fortunate n that I don't compare the prices as it's a villa I need.
screwy55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Screwy perhaps you should try a 1 bed on okw, lots of room and some great benifits