Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Jun 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
I’m sure there will be some clause that if you book a day then don’t attend without cancelling then all the rest of your booked days will forfeit
Agree with this, Disney won’t want to lose a single person spending money in the park. I doubt people will be allowed to book just in case days like you would a Fastpass.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just to clarify, I simply picked the number 3 out of thin air (well, it was the same number as the number of fastpasses you can book). It could be 4, or 6, or 10, or 1. We don’t know.

Or, of course, there may be no restrictions as to the number you can book. In which case, you’d better hope you get onto the app / website quick enough before all the days get booked up by others. Because I can see people booking all the days they can just in case they decide to visit on that day.

But, yes, *if* the system is as I described then you may only be able to visit on X days (3 days?) and you’d have to go and do something else on the other days.
Yeah i got the number was picked out of thin air. So I wonder what Disney will come up with to appease people who have already booked say, a 7 day ticket & could only get maybe three parks? They are really going to have to pull their finger out & try not to ≈≈≈≈ people off. They don't need the bad press or longtime or even people whom this is their first Disney holiday to say its just not worth the hassle. People will remember how they were treated. I know Disney are caught between a rock and a hard place but they really are going to have to get their thinking caps on. I'm sure they will in the end but they need to speak up so people can sort out what they want to do.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Agree with this, Disney won’t want to lose a single person spending money in the park. I doubt people will be allowed to book just in case days like you would a Fastpass.
Unless they issue a no show fine like they do with the restaurants?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Does anyone know how far in advance they will release the days for booking? we are supposed to be going for 3 weeks next year and while im ok not spending everyday in the parks im a bit worried about availabilty to get into the parks at all.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hopefully they just trial it for these next few months with the initial reopening and the rest of 2021 doesn’t have the reservation system. I selfishly hope so anyway because we’re going in Feb haha!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsmagoo View Post
Does anyone know how far in advance they will release the days for booking? we are supposed to be going for 3 weeks next year and while im ok not spending everyday in the parks im a bit worried about availabilty to get into the parks at all.
No one knows anything at this point. We just have speculation & theories.
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
That's still 16 months. Disneyland's 50th started in May 2005, even though the anniversary wasn't until July. I should've clarified that my experience is with multiple parks, but WDW only since my first visit in 1999. That's why I wrote 20-25 years: 20 for WDW, but 25+ for DLP.
Oh yes I know, I was just saying it in light of this thread, I wouldn’t remotely expect any of the 50th celebrations to start earlier than 1st October- I think there is so much uncertainty already, that bringing the celebrations forward doesn’t make any sense, particularly if Disney do decide to upcharge for tickets from 1/10/21 - I would be very unimpressed if I bought a ticket within the ‘special’ period and then Disney brought the celebrations forward.

I’ve no vested interest either way, as I am either travelling this December or not for a couple of years, so in that way makes no difference to me. I just didn’t want people building their hopes up at seeing 50th anniversary stuff earlier than the actual anniversary, as at this point, I would expect them to be disappointed.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
franko77
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Unless they issue a no show fine like they do with the restaurants?
But how can they fine or justify that when someone has paid to use a pass for all 14 days. All seems to be a mess at the moment with no clarity.
franko77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

If there is a booking system i would like to see it like FP or ADRs, in that you can only book for the duration of your stay/Tickets you have bought and paid for in full 90 or 180 days at the first day of your holiday. it would make it fair on those who book early / late/ have DVC.
the way i see it is...
Positives:
I think that it *could* work out well if there is a reduced number in the parks.
Getting around should become easier as there should be less people stopping/ wheelchairs / stroller issues as they will be just less of everything int he parks.
Cleanliness will improve.
Negatives:
I think the way we holiday in WDW will be different in that we won't be able to go to Hollywood studios for the morning, go back to the hotel mid-afternoon then Epcot for the evening.
if there are no fireworks it's going to be very different indeed!
will the feel of the parks be different with less people in?
reserving your spot will make the whole holiday more of an operation (i already book FP / ADR and assign a day a park, but this will bring another level!)

It will be very interesting to see what is done regarding the reservation system throughout 2021 and how everything is communicated and managed will be key.
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by franko77 View Post
But how can they fine or justify that when someone has paid to use a pass for all 14 days. All seems to be a mess at the moment with no clarity.
They will justify it by saying that another family could of taken their place. They would just make something up...