Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jul 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

New boiler installation.

Anybody had this done recently. Am looking for a ballpark figure.

Ideally if you had a combi boiler installed on an external wall in an attached garage that would be an ideal comparison...

Otherwise any and all info gratefully received.

Probably a Worcester
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

My mum and dads has just gone tonight. Hes not come back with full quote but he said roughly 2500-3000 depending on if swap to combi.
Weve used him before so know hes trustworthy.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

There's a few websites that give you a 'dummy quote', British Gas does as I did a quote last week although I'm waiting to find out what is happening with these government subsidies that are coming out and see if we qualify, there are grants at the moment but we aren't on benefits so don't qualify.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
There's a few websites that give you a 'dummy quote', British Gas does as I did a quote last week although I'm waiting to find out what is happening with these government subsidies that are coming out and see if we qualify, there are grants at the moment but we aren't on benefits so don't qualify.
That's an excellent point.

I will have to look at that. I am in Wales though so no idea if it will apply to us. I have variable hot water though so may not have time to wait. 😁

Will have a look on the BG website. Ta.
Old 17 Jul 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Spooky. My Mate was here yesterday swapping out the last Rad in the house for a new one.
We nattered about a new boiler so my view is £2k ish.

Baxi are the best by a mile. Worcester Bosch are living on a reputation they lost 10 years ago. Far too much in the way of plastic parts.
Make sure you get the 10yr warranty option. Money in the bank.
Finally if the output shows you need a 26+ model go for a 36.
Vailiant are great but overpriced.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

We used boxt Price we were quoted was the price we paid we went with a valiant fitter was great can’t fault the service
Old 17 Jul 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Spooky. My Mate was here yesterday swapping out the last Rad in the house for a new one.
We nattered about a new boiler so my view is £2k ish.

Baxi are the best by a mile. Worcester Bosch are living on a reputation they lost 10 years ago. Far too much in the way of plastic parts.
Make sure you get the 10yr warranty option. Money in the bank.
Finally if the output shows you need a 26+ model go for a 36.
Vailiant are great but overpriced.
Not sure I agree on your assessment of WB.
We put WB in every single rental house we have had and never had a single problem. When we did out own renovation, every installer we spoke to wouldn't install anything else due to build quality and reliability and customer service.
Not sure what plastic parts you are referring to? Burner is metal, heat exchanger is metal, expansion changer is metal. And the casing is all metal except the flap that hides the controls on the latest models.
Personally I wouldn't install anything else.

Edited at 09:59 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks all. I had been looking at WB, have a Vaillant at the moment. It's coming up 15 yo and just starting to become unreliable.

I hadn't looked at Back. I have seen a German firm vesimmil or something getting high ratings too.

Need to look into it a bit more.

Will I need a system.flush before it's installed?
Old 17 Jul 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
That's an excellent point.

I will have to look at that. I am in Wales though so no idea if it will apply to us. I have variable hot water though so may not have time to wait. 😁

Will have a look on the BG website. Ta.
As well as a price estimator, BG also do quotes by What's App/Facetime (full disclosure: I work there), so might be an easy way to get a fixed quote relatively quickly too.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
We too are now going to wait a little longer to see what the grants look like. Our boiler is 35 years old so waiting a little longer won’t hurt
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List