Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow VA really are a slippery bunch. I’m going to contact them one last time via WhatsApp and if I get the same old chestnut, I will contact my credit card company. Only problem I may encounter is that I booked the seats over the phone with a travel advisor and I never had confirmation come through. I told her this while I was on the phone and she said it didn’t matter as my seats were showing at their end. I can see on my credit card statement that I did pay for them but I can’t see that they even sent me an email just a notification in my booking when I logged on. I hope I don’t have a fight on my hands to get my money back 😡.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
carted
Excited about Disney

Were due to fly on 1st Dec ( still hoping) but obvs not on 747, I've been told my 120 days are up on 23rd September, so hopefully hear by then re Seat upgrades. I contacted the exec office email to get details
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Was told in May by VA via WhatsApp our bubble refund would take up to 120 days which is up on 2nd September. Will see what happens then!
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Leemcd
Getting Excited

I got tired of waiting for my refund, contacted credit card company and did a charge back. I had it back to me within a week!
Leemcd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Can anyone confirm whether you do have to actively request a refund for bubble / exit row / ELR seat payments?

I had previously read that this would happen automatically once the aircraft was changed or the flight cancelled, but now I'm wondering if I need to be a bit more proactive!
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Can anyone confirm whether you do have to actively request a refund for bubble / exit row / ELR seat payments?

I had previously read that this would happen automatically once the aircraft was changed or the flight cancelled, but now I'm wondering if I need to be a bit more proactive!
we had to request it from virgin Atlantic as we were booked with virgin holidays
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hil View Post

I was told that they were automatically refunding. However, when I rebooked my flights the guy I spoke to said he would request a refund for me as that would be quicker.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Thanks! Our flights would have been at the beginning of October, so maybe I’ll wait a while and see what happens and then put in a request if nothing happens :-)
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDreamer1
Looking for my Ears

I text Virgin in May about our bubble seats and they said my refund was being processed. They've since said it will be paid by 15th September...although I'm not overly hopeful!
FloridaDreamer1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

Im still waiting for an extra legroom seats refund... only been waiting 5 years now... Virgin will bend over backwards to not give back money they owe if they can get away with it.

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List