Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Plans for '21...

Feb half-term, Iceland, booked; realise this is at risk.

August, Florida, rescheduled from August '20... few differences from that which we'd booked for this August; week at Disney, three night Disney cruise, then Keys Road trip (Miami, Key West, Key Largo), and a few nights on I-Drive to finish (will do Universal then). If this trip doesn't go ahead, I'll be beside meself

New Year 21/22 - hoping to book NYC (again, should have been there this coming December, but that's gone the way of the dodo).

Losing Iceland would be disappointing; losing Florida again (first to TC, then to C-19) would be, well...
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If all go well next year going away for 3 weeks we start with 7 days in London Liverpool Street travelogue when there we got day trip to Cardiff just to see Maria dad and stepmom if they still going we been quite a few times to Cardiff but this time we go just a day then the next day we off to huddfiled for a day as my partner hope to see Felix the Station cat I think they have another one called bolt 😆 then we got 4 days London doing this and that we then go to Vegas with luck forb14 nights we got a few day trips to different places but that our main holiday next year.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Getting my grandson on his first ever Disney cruise. We have two chances next year but who knows.
Taking a vacation with my son and his wife. Possibly Turks and Caicos again. At the moment the Canadian border is completely closed to us and they live in Vancouver so can’t even visit them, let alone having a holiday together.
Start planning another WDW trip for myself son in law, daughter, grandkids, son and daughter in law which will be like the old normal I.e. character meets and hugs, character meals, fireworks, parades, FP etc etc.
That’s it!
I’d ideally like this by 2022/3.
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Getting to my sons 2nd wedding in May in Toronto, the one with guests! going to a Munich and getting the train to Salzburg Austria. In 2022 we have our 30th wedding anniversary and plan on doing something, maybe Florida and I still want to get to NYC at some point! I would also be happy to go shopping, get on a train to London, go out and about without a stupid bleep mask!

Edited at 08:58 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

I'm hoping we can do our theme park road trip around the mid west next June, plan b would be a trip around the European theme parks, plan c a break in the UK ( but I refuse to give that much thought )
then I'd like to go back to Kruger in south Africa in November, no plan b for that, surely November 21 will be ok for travel ,
maybe German Christmas markets and Phantasialand in December ( we were planning to go this year )
January 22 maybe Iceland or Hurtigruten boat to see northern lights
We'll also need to do our US road trip if it doesn't happen next year and Australia/ New Zealand Zealand has been pencilled in for autumn 22.
How I'm going to get enough time off work remains to be seen
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

All these trips sound fantastic, they’ve lifted my spirits to see people planning (even in their head) rather then writing things off .

For those of you on talking about the Rockies - absolutely incredible! I had a couple of clients who should have gone this year, but for obvious reasons didn’t make it.

Once everything is back on its feet. I do think travel will come back in a huge way. A lot of people seem to have the “life’s too short” mantra now, and they want to do what they can, when they can. That’s certainly us.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

We are still hoping to go Florida in 2021. We have already bought and paid for our flights for September, and will be using our DVC points, so hoping that will still go ahead.
In the future:

We were aiming to go to Hawaii in 2023 for our 10th wedding anniversary and will hopefully combine it with LA.

Australia - I have one of my best friends here and it'd be really good to visit him.

Japan - On both mine and DH's bucket list.

New York, again a big bucket list.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by iLaura View Post
We are still hoping to go Florida in 2021. We have already bought and paid for our flights for September, and will be using our DVC points, so hoping that will still go ahead.
In the future:

We were aiming to go to Hawaii in 2023 for our 10th wedding anniversary and will hopefully combine it with LA.

Australia - I have one of my best friends here and it'd be really good to visit him.

Japan - On both mine and DH's bucket list.

New York, again a big bucket list.
OH has done Japan - he absolutely LOVED it, we are planning to go, but I’ve decided that’s one that can wait as we do want to start a family in the next 1/2 years. It’s not somewhere I think I would want to take a baby, just because it’s so far out of my comfort zone anyway. Absolutely on my bucket list to travel round though and we will get there!

New York is near the top of my bucket list for sure. Again OH went for his 30th and loved it. It’s definitely my turn to get to go to some more places.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooh I love threads like these and reading everyone’s plans!

We are currently re doing our kitchen and then the main bathroom will be straight after so hopefully both of those will be done by Christmas.

Holiday plans wise we were originally planning on skiing in France over Christmas but who knows if we’ll get out there. It may be a last minute drive over but we’ll see.

The first trip for 2021 is Iceland in February with my mum and sister. I was so confident when we booked that we’d go but who knows at the moment. We’ve booked with BA so only paid a deposit, we’ll just move to later in the year if it’s a no go.

In the Easter hols I am taking my daughter to Washington DC and Philadelphia for 6 nights as a surprise for her 18th birthday. Again booked with BA and only paid deposit so will move if need be. I have everything crossed this goes ahead, I’m desperate for my USA fix!

My OH is off to Turkey on May for his annual golf trip with him and 23 others! Fairly hopeful for this one.

July/August will hopefully see us redoing our holiday from this year to Georgia, South Carolina and the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. Not booked flights yet as I’m still waiting to hear what the govt are doing with the exams next year as I have one doing A Levels and another doing GCSEs so double whammy for us.

September/October, myself and my OH are hoping for a trip away just the 2 of us once my DD is settled into Uni (assuming she goes!)
We are thinking of a whistle stop 1 week road trip around Lake Michigan. He is desperate to play where they are having the Ryder Cup in Wisconsin so it’ll have to be once that is finished next September.

If we don’t ski this year then we definitely will next Christmas!

I think that’s it. We’re certainly making up for not doing much this year!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked in a ten night Northern Europe cruise in the Disney magic next August, with a few nights in Copenhagen beforehand. All being well I will graduate from university next year at the grand age of 42, so hopefully it will be a celebration trip.
2022 or 2023 we hope to go to Japan.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List