Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Oct 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love a refurb thread and look forward to seeing it finished. Love the table and lights
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a great start

I am in awe of the old cupboards holding up all those mugs
What a great collection.

Your plans look great - look forward to your updates
Thank you!

The cupboard with no doors on it is actually a fairly new unit as we used to have the old boiler in the corner. My OH put it up but had serious doubts it was strong enough to hold the weight of them all, I think I’d have cried if they came down 🙈. Thankfully his non existent carpentry skills did the job!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Exciting stuff. I really like this type of thread.
Thank you CFB. I hope you’re enjoying your new dining area. Would love to extend the kitchen out into the garden to make the whole room bigger but it’s just not worth the expense (especially with what they charge around here!) if we’re moving.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiebaz View Post
Love a refurb thread and look forward to seeing it finished. Love the table and lights
Thank you Katie. The table is definitely growing on me so I’m fairly certain I’ll go with that one.

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 6 Oct 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Oh this looks exciting
When I read 'please excuse the mugs' before I saw the pics I thought it was like when someone says please excuse the mess when there is no mess but I did 'wow' at the mugs lol

I like the high table and stools
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking good, we are having a new kitchen, we really liked a Howdens one but it was a bit more than we wanted to pay, so ordered a B&Q kitchen in the end. Bit sorry I started it now as DH hasn’t worked for 6 months and the trades seem to want £300 a day before they’ll come through the door.

We’ve open up the kitchen with the living room not sure that was a good idea now either. We have downstairs toilet now though so that’s a bonus.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Wow, so many mugs! Your new kitchen plans look great Alicia. I really like the high table and the pendant light. I hope you're making good progress - it's all such an upheaval while it's going on.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Oh this looks exciting
When I read 'please excuse the mugs' before I saw the pics I thought it was like when someone says please excuse the mess when there is no mess but I did 'wow' at the mugs lol

I like the high table and stools
Thank you!
😂, I know what you mean. Whenever anyone new would come into the kitchen they were always shocked when they saw them. It’s definitely a topic of conversation 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Looking good, we are having a new kitchen, we really liked a Howdens one but it was a bit more than we wanted to pay, so ordered a B&Q kitchen in the end. Bit sorry I started it now as DH hasn’t worked for 6 months and the trades seem to want £300 a day before they’ll come through the door.

We’ve open up the kitchen with the living room not sure that was a good idea now either. We have downstairs toilet now though so that’s a bonus.
Thank you.
Yes to be honest this has cost more than what we originally wanted to pay but then we’re saving money with my FIL fitting it so I think it’s evened itself out.
I’m sure yours will look great once done, I like an open plan space plus the downstairs loo will be a godsend.
I know what you mean about the trades though. We’re in Greater London and most want between £300-400 a day! My OH is in construction so knows exactly how much their day rate should be so we just won’t pay it. The problem is a lot of them are in such high demand at the moment they can charge what they like. We’re needing a tiler for the kitchen floor and one guy quoted £2K not inc materials the other day 😡. Another couple came in at about £1-1.5K but again it’s ridiculously priced for a 3 day job.

Edited at 09:00 AM.
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Wow, so many mugs! Your new kitchen plans look great Alicia. I really like the high table and the pendant light. I hope you're making good progress - it's all such an upheaval while it's going on.
Thank you Lynda!
My god it’s such an upheaval I cannot wait until it’s done. Hopefully by the end of the week we’ll have something resembling a new kitchen 😃

IG - alicialanesmith