Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So the painting is done thank goodness. I had to do it over 4 days as the priming coats took longer than I thought, it was like painting with milk!
I went with Cornforth White from Farrow and Ball, I hope it goes well with the worktop and floor tiles.

My FIL has started the fitting this morning, I’m trying to keep out of his way so am camped out in my bedroom. Boris is not happy at all but I’ve given him the sofa to have as there isn’t a lot of floor space for him so he seems ok for now!

This was us on Friday night once the kitchen had arrived 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love the plans Alicia! We have the same units from Howdens. Looking forward to seeing it when it's all done! The cups are a nightmare aren't they? I keep buying them but have literally nowhere to store them, so they're all in boxes o the drawers in my bedroom!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Love the plans Alicia! We have the same units from Howdens. Looking forward to seeing it when it's all done! The cups are a nightmare aren't they? I keep buying them but have literally nowhere to store them, so they're all in boxes o the drawers in my bedroom!
Thank you Rachel! Have the units lasted well? Oh I know it's like an addiction . I know I don't have anymore space but just can't help myself buying more

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The fitting has started!
My FIL is doing it singlehandedly so it's quite slow going but we are making progress.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3
It doesn't look like much was done today but apparently the pipework to the dishwasher and washing machine was a lot more complex than originally thought. Hopefully tomorrow sees the ovens being wired in so I can finally cook a proper dinner. Totally fed up of having takeaways or using the microwave for food

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like it’s coming on a treat, I had my kitchen delivered today. Not sure when the fitter can come. Hopefully next week

Can I ask Alicia are you laying the floor once the kitchen is fitted?
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Looking great, we recently had a new kitchen fitted, such an upheaval bit totally worth it, the Howdens units were a godsend for coming pre built! Our walls are still white as couldn't decide on a colour (our doors are a darker grey and we have white granite countertop and where it's a pretty large room we haven't had to get wall units so it's quite a lot of wall to paint (again!) looking forward to seeing your finished, it's going to look lovely!
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oohhh exciting Alicia! What a great FIL you have, doing it all by himself. It’s looking fab already.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Looks like it’s coming on a treat, I had my kitchen delivered today. Not sure when the fitter can come. Hopefully next week

Can I ask Alicia are you laying the floor once the kitchen is fitted?
Oh wow exciting. Yours looks like it’s been delivered and stored much neater than ours, we had parts all over the living room 😂

We are having to lay the tiles after as we couldn’t find one who wouldn’t charge a fortune, we now have and he’s starting on Monday.
I have spoken to so many people on when the flooring should be put in and some say before the kitchen is fitted but others say after so I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 15 Oct 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs4kids View Post
Looking great, we recently had a new kitchen fitted, such an upheaval bit totally worth it, the Howdens units were a godsend for coming pre built! Our walls are still white as couldn't decide on a colour (our doors are a darker grey and we have white granite countertop and where it's a pretty large room we haven't had to get wall units so it's quite a lot of wall to paint (again!) looking forward to seeing your finished, it's going to look lovely!
Thank you! They really are a godsend, I think it would have taken another week if they were all flat packed!

Choosing a colour can be a nightmare can’t it. I’ve stuck to the same palette of greys from Farrow and Ball so I kind of knew what one to go with. We’ve got Ammonite in the living room, stairs and landing, Purbeck Stone in the en-suite and Strong White in our bedrooms. I can vouch for all of them for being a lovely tone of grey, they’re a warm grey palette which I love

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 15 Oct 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Oohhh exciting Alicia! What a great FIL you have, doing it all by himself. It’s looking fab already.
Thank you Michelle! He really is great, has saved us a small fortune too which we’re immensely grateful for

IG - alicialanesmith