Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Nov 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile Passport 6 month expiry - reassurance for those due to travel

I have seen several threads relating to passport expiry and just wanted to reassure anyone worrying.
We flew in late October to Miami and one of my son's passports expires early in April next year. We had absolutely no problem using the Passport, we had to see an immigration officer at Miami but they were absolutely fine with the passport.
So to anyone worrying, please don't x

Edited at 05:57 PM.
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We travelled to San Francisco in August with only four months left on a passport too. No problems. There was a thread on here a while back that should reassure anyone that you do NOT need six months left
Old 5 Nov 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Same here. We travelled mid August and dd's passport expires in February. We did find dd could use the kiosk and had to queue but other than that all was fine. I did take printouts about the 6 month rule with me but didn't need them.
Old 5 Nov 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post

From the US Embassy site itself:

The requirement that a passport is valid for travel for six months beyond the holder’s stay in the United States is waived for certain nationalities, including British Citizens.

uk.usembassy.gov/visas/non-i...vel-documents/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

And to give even more assurance, we travelled in July and DW's passport expires this month (hmm, better get that sorted! ). So she had 4 month difference, but there was no problem at all - sailed through fine.
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

I understand your concern, but as others have posted, its fine and have done it myself with no problems.
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

I think the thing we are up against is that some travel companies are still saying you need six months. Virgin Holidays told me we did when we booked in January. it's silly...

But then they also told me that the Magic Express didn't exist sooo...
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
I understand your concern, but as others have posted, its fine and have done it myself with no problems.
I was posting to say we had done it in October not that I was concerned about doing it 😀
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

When we return late May hubs pp will have about 6 weeks validity remaining, he'll make reapplication in June. Of course there are countries that demand 6 month validity, details can be found on the Gov website.

Due to incorrect info many panic about their passport validity when heading to the US, makes me think of that rule, 'if it ain't broke...'
Old 6 Nov 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Some countries do require 6 months validity such as Russia, China... but the US are happy to accept your passport as long as it is valid up to the day you leave their shores. Travel agents have always churned out the 6 month thing because they can't be bothered to do their homework.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread