Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Vickyvoo
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Are we too late to make a trip work?

So, I woke up this morning with the fantastic idea of taking DD to Orlando this May half term...
It would be just the two of us, for 8 days. I have a price of £4700 for flights, Disney Tickets, Disney Dining plan and staying at the Coronado Springs hotel...

Am I mad to even think about this at this late stage? Would I be able to get any Fast passes or ADRs? Is it just a silly amount of money to spend if we are too late?

ideas and thoughts, please...especially of you know of any ways I can reduce the price to make me feel a little better...
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Its never too late.
You'll be surprised how many ADRs you can get even up to the day of.
Fastpasses you'll just have to keep checking.

Can't help with the making it cheaper side unfortunately
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Last minute trips are good but the price is very high (for me anyway) to justify a week. I would have thought the 2 of you could go for 2 weeks in the summer at that price.

Have fun what ever you decide to do.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

That seems very high for two people for only a week. Why don’t you have a look at the last minute deals on Tui, seen some amazing prices for offsite and onsite stays.
Personally I would only stay onsite at a moderate hotel if I had free Disney dining and I wouldn’t be paying extra for the dining plan as I don’t think it’s very good value for money. You would probably be better paying OOP for food?

Edited at 04:00 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

You could look at booking via the US site and they have savings on their stays at the moment for May. You could still buy UK tickets (separately), but wouldn’t be able to buy dining plan. Or you could add US tickets and make it a package. Not buying dining plan would probably save you some money as rarely do people save money by buying dining plan as opposed to buying their food as you go along. You don’t say how old your DD is or where you’re flying from. There are some pretty good indirect flights available for significantly less than direct and not that much longer travel time.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Me and my daughter got a last minute deal in October half term for 700 each for All Star Sports. Park tickets were extra. Cost 3000 for us including spends, didn’t have dining plan but don’t think you will spend that much on food. I know it’s a value resort but I’d want a cheaper deal personally. Nearly 5000 for a week is too expensive x
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

I would wait a week or 2 and look on the Tui site for last minute deals. They tend to start reducing prices 6 weeks prior to departure.

I wouldn't pay for DDP as it rarely works out cost effective and you have much more flexibility paying cash.

Do you definitely want to do Disney? An offsite stay with the 3 for 2 SeaWorld tickets would be much cheaper and no FPs or ADRs to worry about.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

It’s definitely not too late. I booked in late March one year for May half term plus 2 nights for me and DD. Was flight scanning late at night and found a deal. Then found a 30% off room. Then boom 💥It was when FPP on MDE was brand new and before Pandora but by checking every day I got what we wanted before we went. Same with ADRs. Took me about 6 weeks checking multiple times a day but secured everything we wanted including Crystal Palace, Cinderella’s Royal Table, 1900 Park Fare and the Garden Grill. May is a glorious time to visit. We paid about 4K including our out of pocket food money (ate 8 TS meals) and flew PE but the flights were a glitch where the PE and economy prices had been flipped. We stayed at AKL. Do it!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
its never too late ! But, that is a lot of money for 8 days...
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
VA direct flight 12th May for 8 nights £347 each in Econ Classic. Wow.

Only £884 in PE.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List