Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Aug 23, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Disney, Universal and Offsite Dining Report August 2023

Having repeatedly proved hopeless at competing a full trip report, but managing to do a dining report for our last trip, I thought I would try and do the same again!

We are off to Orlando on Monday, our first trip since August 2019. We are fortunate to be on our 6th visit (or 5th and 3rd respectively for our younger sons). All of us have also been to Disneyland Paris once, and the adults have also been twice to Disneyland California.

Our three boys are nearly 15, 12 and 7. As we don’t have a very young child with us this time, hopefully we will have a bit more stamina and flexibility on doing evenings than we have in the past.

We’re splitting our trip, starting with 5 nights at Art of Animation in a Nemo suite, then 8 nights in a villa at Windsor Hills, ending up with 5 nights in a club room at Portofino Bay. Our earlier trips were all villa based, but last time we did a similar split in a different order.

With no dining plan and 4 of us being Disney adults, I can’t bring myself to pay the astronomical amounts needed for character dining this time (a bit sadly as we have done Chef Mickey on every previous visit). I do have one TS reservation at Sanaa as we ended up cancelling that on our last trip and it was one I did really want to do. Other than that we will probably do QS and offsite dining whilst at Disney.

I feel like the club room at Universal will pay for itself with 5 of us just with drinks and breakfast, especially with a teenager who never stops eating!

Offsite eating places will definitely include Olive Garden, Chilis and Kekes, and probably Millers and somewhere for steak - maybe Saltgrass which I have seen about but not been to. We also really liked Rock and Brews last time
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 23, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Very Serious Dibber

Have a lovely time - we’re staying at Portofino ckub too 😊
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 23, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your plans sound fab! I think we made money staying at RPR Club Level with a teen! 😂 I’m looking forward to following along. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 23, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Will be following along, not long to go. Hope you are all packed up and ready to go. You must be really excited.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 23, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

What an exciting countdown! 😁

The bread device at Sanaa is next level so I understand you keeping that one in your plans!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 23, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Following along. Have a great time.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 23, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Have a lovely time - we’re staying at Portofino ckub too 😊
Thank you, hope you enjoy your time there too

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Your plans sound fab! I think we made money staying at RPR Club Level with a teen! 😂 I’m looking forward to following along. Xx
I felt like it was good value for us last time so I’m sure with older kids this time it will be even better!

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Will be following along, not long to go. Hope you are all packed up and ready to go. You must be really excited.
Thank you, getting there on the packing, just taking a break from sorting the last minute bits. I’m in the more anxious phase at the moment but will be excited once we land!

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
What an exciting countdown! 😁

The bread device at Sanaa is next level so I understand you keeping that one in your plans!
It’s the bread that has mainly motivated me to want to go after reading about it so long!

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Following along. Have a great time.
Thank you!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 23, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

So glad to see you have a trip this year! We would have mirrored you again like in 2019 but ended up rescheduling to August 2024 (unexpected arrival by way of our son born at the end of 2021 - he is in the crazy toddler stage currently so very glad am not having to handle him on a long haul flight this year 🙈😂 ) Can't wait to read about your QS experiences as we will be doing a lot more of those, swapping the lovely free DDP for credits! Have an amazing time and looking forward to seeing your adventures 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 23, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Hope your travel day went well. Looking forward to reading along. x
Old 20 Aug 23, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm sure you're having a brilliant time and enjoying eating all the snacks! I can't wait to see how you're getting on.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List