Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Aug 23, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Wink Horror, Handbags & Honey Butter Buns: CityWalk, Disney Springs & Offsite in Sept 2023

Let’s try this again… I’m terrible at finishing these! I tried to keep up with a live trip report last time and failed miserably. We’ll see how I go this time as I'd love to have it to read back myself, even if nobody else reads it!

After two trips last year and saying we probably wouldn’t go back to Orlando for a while, my finger somehow managed to slip and accidentally hit that book button once again – so here we are, getting ready to go off on our 6th “once in a lifetime” trip. I do think this one will be the last for a couple of years, though. I think…

Who?
2 adults – me (31) and OH (34). I do all the booking and planning, and OH more or less just turns up. As long as there’s a chance to buy some trainers and a promise of The Boathouse’s honey butter buns, he's happy to leave everything to me!

When?

11th September 2023, for 10 nights. I wish I’d booked for longer, but I was freelancing at the time of booking, and 10 nights meant I didn’t need to take so many days off unpaid. Regretting that a little now that I have paid holidays to take for the first time in my life! Flying PE from LGW to MCO with British Airways. We’re on the BA2037 outbound and BA2036 inbound which are prone to cancellations right now, so fingers crossed all will go well… 🤞

With hurricanes, hotel fires, holiday companies going bust, getting COVID two days before travel, lost cases, chemical leaks and airports having power cuts all forming part of our last few trips out of the country, I’m hoping we can break the curse and have a trip that goes smoothly!

Where?

We’ll be staying at Sapphire Falls in a Lagoon View King Room… after our first visit last year, we’ll struggle to book anywhere else! We love it here. Have requested building 2 as we really liked this location for the pool last time, even if it’s a bit further of a walk to the water taxi. Can’t wait for that lobby smell to hit me…

What?

Well, this probably isn’t going to be the most exciting report as there’ll be no parks this time – unless you count HHN at Universal Studios, and a night at Seaworld for Howl-O-Scream. In between the scares, we’ll mostly be chilling by the pool, shopping at the outlets (read: buying more handbags I don’t need), or eating our way across Orlando… so this will mainly be a dining report with a few extra bits and bobs thrown in.

Costs
I’m keen to keep track of our costs as we go, as we’ve had super cheap trips and much more expensive trips over the years, and with finding everything more expensive last year we’ve no real idea how much to budget to “do Orlando” how we like to… especially as we tend to book and pay for things in drips and drabs! I’m a firm believer that Orlando can be as expensive or as cheap as you make it, but hopefully this report will help when we come back and I 100% absolutely under no circumstances book to go back again next year… 🙃

So far, we’ve spent:
  • £3,492 on our BA package, which includes premium economy return flights + 10 nights at Sapphire Falls. We probably ended up paying more for this by not picking the PE flights from the start and upgrading later.
  • £189 on airport parking at Gatwick Long Stay South. Entry at 7am on Mon 11th Sept, and exit at 7am on Fri 22nd Sept. Saved 10% with a discount code but still feels extortionate compared to our local airport!
  • £67 one-night stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) on Sun 10th Sept. We initially booked the Bloc Hotel with parking included, but this was much cheaper, and it looks very near to where we’ll need to charge the car on arrival. The Bloc parking also meant we'd have to leave our keys which we're not too keen on doing after a few previous mishaps... Please do let me know if you've got any recommendations for places to eat near Manor Royal!
  • $468.58 on 2x HHN Rush of Fear passes, with 2x Scream Early tickets
  • $234.28 on 2x HHN Express passes (single night)
  • $88.79 on 2x Howl-O-Scream tickets. They had a 2-pack deal on in May when we booked, but they always seem to be on some kind of offer, so I don’t think we got a particularly great deal. Still much cheaper than HHN tickets.
  • $94.70 on two tickets for the Orlando City SC vs Columbus Crew soccer match on Sat 16th September, 7:30pm. This included $14 cancellation cover. Could have got it much cheaper but wanted to pick out some decent(ish) seats in the middle, and OH is pretty happy with that price compared with what we're looking at for the UK Arsenal matches!

Total running spend (pre-travel) - £3,748 and $886.35. Ouch… we’re not even there yet!

Add-on a Bath & Body Works order of hand soaps ($45.52) and Walgreens order of all the weird and wonderful medication we can’t buy over here ($144.21) that I’ve placed ahead of arrival to get delivered to the lovely Debbie, and we’re up to $1076.08 – eek. I’m sure buying these bits in advance will make me feel like I have more money for spending in Kate Spade and Sephora when we’re out there 😂

Dining Plans...
We’ve got these restaurants and bars on the list, but even we will struggle to hit them all in 10 nights, so we need to whittle it down…

Breakfast
First Watch
Amatista’s (Sapphire Falls)
Keke’s Cafe
Urban Pantry (Aventura)
Cinnabon (CityWalk)
Trattoria del Porto (Portofino Bay)
The Kitchen (Hard Rock)
Lunch
Cheesecake Factory
Blaze (Disney Springs)
Dhrum Club Kantine (Sapphire Falls)
Shake Shack
Publix Subs
Dinner
Hard Rock Cafe (CityWalk)
The Boathouse (Disney Springs)
Sal’s (Portofino Bay)
Yard House
Strong Water Tavern (Sapphire Falls)
Saltgrass
Bar 17 (Aventura)
Cowfish (CityWalk)
Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen
Longhorn’s
Snacks

HHN Booths (Universal Studios)
Howl-o-Scream Booths (Seaworld)
Menchies (CityWalk)
Cold Stone Creamery (CityWalk)
Drinks
Lone Palm Airport (CityWalk)
Pat O’Briens (CityWalk)
Fat Tuesdays (CityWalk)
Rising Star (CityWalk)
Five weeks to go – the countdown is on!
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 23, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip! 😍 Very excited for you - I’ve also been looking at your room type at Sapphire Falls as a potential for next year, so would love to see some more of it!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 23, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Love it!

I’ll be reading along for HHN tips as well as your food and shopping. You were very restrained on your Bbw order 😂

I’d like to try Howl O Scream at some point I just don’t want to give up an HhN night this time.

Fingers crossed no dramas this time 🤞
Old 8 Aug 23, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Sounds like a great trip! 😍 Very excited for you - I’ve also been looking at your room type at Sapphire Falls as a potential for next year, so would love to see some more of it!
Thank you. I’m looking forward to the extra space without the second bed. The two beds actually came in very handy last year though when OH had Covid 😂
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 23, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Looks like you have a fabulous trip planned, I can't wait to read about it!
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 23, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Love it!

I’ll be reading along for HHN tips as well as your food and shopping. You were very restrained on your Bbw order 😂

I’d like to try Howl O Scream at some point I just don’t want to give up an HhN night this time.

Fingers crossed no dramas this time 🤞
I was very restrained! I’m sure I’ll be placing another as they’ve sent me a voucher to use 😂 Was trying to strategically work out how many soaps we need to see us through to New York in March.

I’m looking forward to trying Howl o Scream, I think I’d we had park passes and could stay and scream at HHN every night we might not have bothered. Hopefully it’s good, I haven’t read much about it.

Your next trip will be here before you know it!
Old 8 Aug 23, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
animelover
Excited about Disney

Really looking forward to reading about Howl o Scream as this isnt one ive done!
Trip looks amazing good luck picking where to eat.

AnimeLover
April 2001 , April 2002 , Oct 2003 , April 2005 , Sept 2007 Oct 2009 Sept 2013 June 2014Oct 2018(Disneymoon <3 )
First DVC Dec 2019March 2022Jan 2023
animelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 23, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by animelover View Post
Really looking forward to reading about Howl o Scream as this isnt one ive done!
Trip looks amazing good luck picking where to eat.
It’ll be our first time for it too, I’m not sure it’ll have the same feel as HHN but looking forward to trying it out. I have heard that it’s more intense, but we’ll see!

Thank you - we definitely need to be there for longer to get through all the restaurants 😂
Old 8 Aug 23, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Looks a fantastic trip
We love HHN too 😈👻🤡
Nice choice of restaurants, my favs are Cheesecake Longhorns & cheap & cheerful Shake Shack 😋😋
Not long now

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 23, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Looks a fantastic trip
We love HHN too 😈👻🤡
Nice choice of restaurants, my favs are Cheesecake Longhorns & cheap & cheerful Shake Shack 😋😋
Not long now
I think we might squeeze Shake Shack in at the airport on the way home, it’d be rude not to!

Cheesecake is a no-brainer, but trying to decide between faithful Longhorns and giving Saltgrass a try!

Yep not long at all… I’m at the stage where my productivity at work is getting very low as all I can think about is getting on that plane 😂