Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile A350 Replacing jumbo

Looks a great plane. We will be flying from manchester to Orlando in Sept 2020.
When the flights become available in nov will they show the new plane in seat choices or will it show the jumbo until the planes are confirmed on that route.
Also what happens if you book the seats you want on the jumbo (first bookings) and the plane is switched would you get priority on the seat choice on A350

virgin/news/take-pee...ew-airbus-a350
2017 All Stars Movies
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

I read somewhere (I think it was on here during a previous 747/a350 discussion) that despite the A350's replacing the 747's, it doesnt mean they will be direct replacements and the likelyhood is that the A350's will replace the A330's, which will in turn replace the 747's.

To me it makes (business) sense that the new cabins are being pitched toward the business market rather than the leisure market at this time
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Found this so It looks like 2021 will be the first time it flies between Heathrow/ Manchester to Orlando

Virgin Atlantic has revealed today that its final five A350-1000s will be serving leisure markets to Florida and the Caribbean. The aircraft, which will arrive in 2021, will be based out of both Gatwick and Manchester Airports.

Might take a trip on one from manchester to New York then down to Orlando after a few days in the big apple

Edited at 10:55 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

simpleflying/virgin-a350-florida-caribbean/

Only 5 operating across the two bases on daily service means you'll still be more likely to get an a330. It does raise questions about capacity on the routes (and therefore pricing)
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Just watching the promo video and it sounds like they've spent lots of money on some new colouring and stitching unless you are in business class.
I was hoping they were going to say the seats had been redesigned to be more comfortable or the screens IFE were better
I'm sure it will be a nice plane but no need for the " advert "
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
simdon
Earning More Ears

I've booked 3 Aug man - mco 19 Aug Mco- Man 2020 will it still be a 747 .I've already chosen seats will I get notification if they change the aircraft so that I can choose new seat's
simdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by simdon View Post
I've booked 3 Aug man - mco 19 Aug Mco- Man 2020 will it still be a 747 .I've already chosen seats will I get notification if they change the aircraft so that I can choose new seat's
Looking likely it will still be the jumbo until 2021
Old 6 Oct 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
simpleflying/virgin-a350-florida-caribbean/

Only 5 operating across the two bases on daily service means you'll still be more likely to get an a330. It does raise questions about capacity on the routes (and therefore pricing)
Outside of peak holidays the 747's are flying below capacity. Sometimes less than 100 people on board
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post

No doubt they will fit it with the super thin super uncomfortable economy seat as on their 787! Isn’t the PE seat only supposed to be 18.5 inch wide too?
I’d rather they keep the 747!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Looks a great plane. We will be flying from manchester to Orlando in Sept 2020.
When the flights become available in nov will they show the new plane in seat choices or will it show the jumbo until the planes are confirmed on that route.
Also what happens if you book the seats you want on the jumbo (first bookings) and the plane is switched would you get priority on the seat choice on A350

virgin/news/take-pee...ew-airbus-a350
I wonder about this too as I need seats furthest away from the galley.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List