Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Anyone else missing cruises?

While we are still waiting for our money from Iglu for our cruise cancelled in April I am wondering if it would be safe to start planning next year.

I'm booking directly with RC next time as this has been a nightmare with Iglu still in possession of over £4000 quid of ours.

That aside I was thinking of going next year but the sailings from UK are really poor next year.

We usually go in May but they have a stupid euro cities tour on the week my son is off. We live in Belgium so going to Zebrugge and Le Harve is not our cup of tea.

Would prefer if they sailed south direct to Lisbon. Even if we couldn't get off the ship I wouldn't mind a 7 night cruise at the moment.

But was actually planning on the 7 nights on Harmony from Barçelona leaving May 9th 2021. Anyone else feel that by next May we should be able to sail again?

Very tempted by a Royal Suite for 1295 pp

Edited at 09:11 AM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Dover harbour Wednesday

Disney332
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

What do you think about May '21 think there is a chance?

Old 24 Jul 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I’m booked to sail to the Canaries on 31 October - already had 2 cancelled this year so keeping my fingers crossed! Like you, I don’t care if I can’t get off the ship - just really want to be onboard again.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
I’m booked to sail to the Canaries on 31 October - already had 2 cancelled this year so keeping my fingers crossed! Like you, I don’t care if I can’t get off the ship - just really want to be onboard again.
Yes Melanie that's why I'm leaning towards the Med in May.

We LOVE sailing from Southampton as the British/ Irish people are great craic on board, however if the weather is pants and we can't get off the ship I don't fancy being crammed indoors.

Although the Anthem is a better ship for cold weather with the covered solarium and pools.

We were on Harmony last year from Port Canaveral, nice ship as well.

Old 24 Jul 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

We have only just discovered cruising, did our first eighteen months ago around the Canaries, were in the Caribbean this last March when we were unable to go ashore for a week of that cruise anchored outside of Barbados until we could fly home. Had a marella med cruise booked for September, cancelled, awaiting money back and have Iona booked for next March with our son which only cost £1 for him as 3 rd person in the cabin. Never get that price again in a hurry. We did get 50% off our Caribbean cruise refunded as credit on a future booking so while we were onboard booked for January 2022 to hopefully see what we missed this year. I’ve given up one of my jobs now and husband is talking about early retirement in the next couple of years so don’t know how many we can do before finances dictate more frugal holidays Took me years to get him to WDW before discovering he loved it, same with cruises, wish he would just listen to me
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’ve rebooked for May 21 on a six day cruise but I’m not convinced yet it’s even likely.
On the upside two sets of (unconnected) American friends are seriously considering joining us on the same cruise which would be awesome as we are all suffering cruise withdrawal.
The offers for repeat customers are pretty good right now .

Edited at 10:53 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

I love to cruise done about 30 , keep looking at all the emails I get every day of cruises with good offers , but think my next cruise I will book last minute .
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I decided not to book not due to the cruise but because the return flights to Brussels are already 200 p.p and non refundable. Thus despite the cruise with confidence we would still lose $$$ if we didn’t sail.

Old 27 Jul 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Yes, we miss cruises!

We have two currently booked -

The first - 2 weeks round the Caribbean from Barbados next March.(This was booked pre Covid)

The second - 8 nights from Port Canaveral next August. This was booked recently but only because Royal Caribbean had a guarantee on their website that you could change or move your cruise.

Who knows if either of these will go ahead, but if Cruising has not restarted by the time these come round the cruise industry will be well and truly devastated
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List