Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Jul 12, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Great report, Jo. Send DH off to the gym for an extra workout and I hope the sun shines for you soon.
Old 23 Jul 12, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Great start Jo! Delighted to hear your journey went so well, as we are doing almost the same on Sunday (LHR - ATL - TPA).

Loved the Crowne Plaza when we stayed, but they did cook our chicken

Have fun, fun, fun!
Old 23 Jul 12, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

sending positive energy for you to maintain calm and serenity
Old 23 Jul 12, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Ooh please keep going, I love a live trip me

Great travel day!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Great trip report, look forward to reading more.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great travel day - sounded stress free .
Hope the rain stopped and the sun came out for you .
Enjoy your first day
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Great travel day Jo, but sorry to hear the weather's not on your side, hope it improves sooner rather than later! x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Thank-you so much for all of your lovely comments. I'm ready to give you the next installment.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Day 1 - A Thundery Start in Miami

My day started at 4.30am when I just couldn't stay asleep any longer. DD and DS proved me wrong again and stayed well and truly asleep until 7.30.

I started to get the room ready for our move to a new room whilst listening to the rain hit the window. DH greeted the weather with his usually positivity and glass half full view on life and wanted to go home! Thanks to all the Dibbers that gave me the PD to stay calm and agree as I'm sure you averted divorce proceedings. At one point DH actually said to me as I continually agreed with his moans that he couldn't believe how negative I was being about it all! Full proof that he does not listen to himself!

Right enough marriage drama... A short walk from the hotel and we were in Jerry's Famous Deli for breakfast. We ordered DD and DS the pancakes and sausage, DH had the Ham & Cheese Omlette and I ordered the Salami and Egg (which later changed to Pastrami and Egg as they didn't have any Salami - things were not looking good at this point).

The party people were a little hungover at breakfast!

The actual food was quite nice but DS and DD had munched all the junk I had bought last night and ate very little which added to tensions! Final bill was an eye watering $52 and the kind waitress then spent a great deal of time explaining to us that we also had to pay her the tip. Final total was $60 and it wasn't really worth that but you've got to love the Miami prices.

Skys were very overcast and with a marriage storm brewing I left DH to his own devices and went to join the other dejected travellers in the Gym (only for 30 minutes don't worry!) As I was on the treadmill I spotted DH walking down to the pool so it looked like the holiday was back on. Much pool fun followed and the sun was so impressed by the shenanigans that it decided to join the party. So much so that I have guiltily put DS to bed a slightly pinker shade than he was yesterday.

The highly dangerous backwards move she has copied off her brother.

Happy DH, yay!

Pool activities for kids were very much enjoyed!

At 2.30 I thought it best to fake being a conscientious parent and returned young children to the room and help with the change of rooms to a Premium room. I am now typing from the 16th floor with an Ocean view from our balcony.

View from new room!

Ocean Drive beckoned and at 4pm with the sun now beating down we set off for a walk along to find a food destination. There was far too much choice and nothing stood out so we ended up in Finnegan's Way, an Irish sports bar. The people watching was exceptional, I enjoyed the food, DD ate her chips (moderate success), DS did some nice colouring and DH thought it was ok. For the same price as breakfast we had two half-pound burgers for DH and I, pizza for DS and DD did have chicken tenders with her fries. Final bill $59 including tip.

Instead of photo below imagine a picture of the food mentioned above!

We walked over to the children's play area in Lummus Beach and then gave in to demands to go to the beach.

Changed back into swimsuits we were greeted by the rain which cleared the pool to DS' delight as he enjoyed the pool to himself. At 7.30pm we enticed them out of the pool and back to the room. The Miami Beach Sobe party animals are now all tucked up in bed and it is 9pm.

Apologies for rubbish lack of food photos I forgot at dinner sorry! Here's a photo of DS with our hire car (fake because we haven't actually got a car at the moment) instead.

August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR

Edited at 03:09 AM.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post

What a view, what a beach! Looks gorgeous. Love the marriage thunderstorms, sounds familiar!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List