Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 19, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
dave7819
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Trip Report - Day 3 - Last minute holiday

Trip Report - Day 3 Monday 17th June - Last minute holiday

I slept until 6am today and the wife until 8, we're slowly adjusting! We headed out and did a last minute pull into dunkin donuts, we weren't particularly hungry but knew we needed something to eat before getting to AK.

Dunkin has nice coffee and the breakfast sandwiches are ok, reasonably priced too I think it would average about 15 dollar's for us both.

AK was the plan with the next 2 days going to be a relaxing stroll around, when we do go to parks we do like to do everything we can, all the shows and attractions apart from the really small kiddy's rides.

We had FP today for kali river rapids, dinosaur and everest. Standby ques all day were roughly the following over the 2 days:
Flight of passage 125 mins
Navi river adventure 70 mins
Dinosaur 60 mins
Kali river rapids 90 mins
Everest 60 mins
Kilimanjaro safari 70 mins

We done those FP's and done other attractions in-between like it's a bug life and meet the character's, the up show and finding Nemo show which had low wait times, we had done enough by about 7pm and as it kept raining we agreed to do the night time show rivers of light tomorrow, along with doing flight of passage in the standby queue.

All in all was a great first park day and we both enjoyed it, but every ride we did with a fast pass when we came off we said we're glad we didn't wait inline in the standby queue for it, Kali river rapids a constant 90 minute queue and I think the rides rubbish?!

Today we ate in the park and I made a stupid mistake! Seen a hot dog stand advertising hot dog and chips for 12 dollars, I thought that'll do for us, so I ordered and was handed a really small hot dog about 4 inches long and a packet of lays crisps... What?! No fries?! Confused?! After all my visits I still forget chips are crisps over here, I'm still gutted to not get any fries!

Tips - you can ask for water at most drinking stalls in the park and it's free.

Take a small plastic bag to wrap your mobile / cell phone in and camera if you want to keep them dry when it rains or on water rides.

Take your own food into the park, we never used to and didn't at the start of this holiday but later on you will read we changed tactic, the food you buy in Walmart / publix isn't just cheaper it usually tastes better too than some of the stuff they sell in the parks.
dave7819 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

I definitely wouldn’t queue 90 minutes for Kali River Rapids. I don’t think it’s rubbish but it isn’t worth that.
We like a lot of the snack type foods at AK. Mr Kamal’s falafel, houmous and pitta is a particular favourite and the gorgeous apple donut from a kiosk near Everest.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List