Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 19, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dave7819
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Trip Report - Day 6 - Last minute holiday

Trip Report - Day 6 Thursday 20th June - Last minute holiday

After breakfast in the hotel room again we set off for MK and arrived around 11:30, it was the best weather we'd had since arriving with no forecast of rain, it was a hot one.

We had FP's today for pirates of the Caribbean, space mountain and haunted mansion.
The ride times at MK were all long in the standby queues and I do feel sorry for people for waiting in them, space mountain was 2 hours, haunted mansion 1 hour, pirates 1 hour, seven dwarfs mine train 2 hours, and the kids rides like Peter Pan I'm sure we're around 90 mins.

Our plan today was to do those 3 FP's and a couple of others and then leave early, we're coming back on Saturday with 3 late FP's so arriving at 3 and staying until 11pm, we'll get all the rides done we want on the night when it quietens.

FP's done and we were happy, we had took some subs in and some pringles and bottled water, and left at 5pm feeling content. During that afternoon we encountered strangers arguing and swearing Infront of children, people collapsing and mobility scooters banging into people, I can't do a full day at MK it's too hard going lol.

We stopped off on the way home at the olive garden on the 192, it was a nice meal and got a table for 2 straight away thankfully as the queue was out of the door.

Called in at Walmart for some more alcoholic beverages and made our merrily way home to the hotel.

Blizzard beach tomorrow which neither of us have been to so looking forward to it.

Tips - later that night we looked at the wait times on the Disney app, by 8:30 nearly all rides were a walk on, many people leave the park on an evening as it's been a long and tiring day for them, if you can arrive later and stay until closing you will get everything done.
dave7819 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

I know exactly what you mean about MK becoming a bit much. We’ve only ever stayed late to watch the fireworks, not really done many rides. Good tip though.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List