Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Jul 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Where to get transferred points?

As a DVC member this is the first time I am in need of more points, they are going to have to be transferred to me as the room I am booking is hard to get at 11 months out.

I have posted a request on this site but to date no joy.

Apart from Dis boards and mouse owners, is there anywhere else I can get points that an owner will transfer to my account?

Im also a little nervous as I do not want to loose a load of money to a scammer!
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Could you not buy the extra one of set of points from dvc or is more than allowed you need

Or borrow from next years

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Why not got somewhere like Daves and rent them?

I have never heard of a renter transferring them to somebody else. No control over them and likely to have them pinched!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Why not got somewhere like Daves and rent them?

I have never heard of a renter transferring them to somebody else. No control over them and likely to have them pinched!
I’ve done a points transfer via a member on here and it was fine. It’s defo Risky but I asked for payment upfront then did the transfer. I trusted the member and vice versa, rented to her as well.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Yes I can borrow from the next year but still not quite enough.
Im going with my oldest friend and her girls so she was going to pay for points to cover some of the 2 bed we are booking.
Thank you arielrocks, its good to hear that you have done this successfully.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hscx3boys View Post
Yes I can borrow from the next year but still not quite enough.
Im going with my oldest friend and her girls so she was going to pay for points to cover some of the 2 bed we are booking.
Thank you arielrocks, its good to hear that you have done this successfully.
You’ll probably have more luck on the rent/trade section on the other well know form site. Be prepared for the owner to ask for payment upfront on full. Once the transfer is done it can’t be reversed and Disney wouldn’t get involved in any disputes.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
You’ll probably have more luck on the rent/trade section on the other well know form site. Be prepared for the owner to ask for payment upfront on full. Once the transfer is done it can’t be reversed and Disney wouldn’t get involved in any disputes.
Whats the best way to pay for a transfer as I am slightly concerned if i pay everything upfront they might not transfer me any points but just go off with the money!
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Whats the best way to pay for a transfer as I am slightly concerned if i pay everything upfront they might not transfer me any points but just go off with the money!
And here is where there’s a huge risk on either side transferring points.

You could Invoice via PayPal goods/services then you’d have to add on fees as the buyer so you’d pay slightly more. At least then if they don’t transfer you should be able to claim through PayPal. I’m not sure that’s 100% fool proof.

The lady I did mine with was great, we built up a good rapport and there was trust either side. I’ve since rented to her a few times as well.

If you are in doubt and can’t find anyone you are comfortable with I would suggest booking what you can with your own points and then renting for the part that you need.
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

All sorted via another Dibb member, transfer all went smoothly. Called member services, they were able to bank them and use them on my reservation.
Excellent
Old 10 Jul 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All sorted via another Dibb member, transfer all went smoothly. Called member services, they were able to bank them and use them on my reservation.
Excellent
That’s great news! Love it when a plan comes together 👍