Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jul 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Anyone Ridden The New Star Wars Rides?

And if so, how were they for space?

I really want to try and ride every ride this trip, but can get quite claustrophobic, so I want to know if a) I can prepare myself and still ride 9 or b) if it will be a total bust.

Thanks in advance

Gill
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We did the Millenium Falcon one in Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, it was fine. It feels like a really big capsule. It's like a mixture of Star Tours and Mission Space in terms of the actual ride, but the capsure is waaaaaay bigger than the Mission Space one, and there is only 6 of you at a time in there. It's quite a high capsule, so it doesn't feel like the top is really close to you, either. I'd give it a go, if I were you - it's a lot of fun and there is lots to keep you occupied in there!
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you so much! That makes me feel so much better!

I’ve only become claustrophobic the last few years, no idea where it came from. I used to love Mission Space and had a complete panic attach last time I tried to ride. My poor nephews had to hammer on the side of the capsule until they heard and let me back out. Genuinely don’t think I would have survived the ride ha ha

I’ll have to give it a try, I’ll be at DLC alone, so at least no one will know me if I run off ha ha
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Capsule is very spacious and the "interactive" buttons are at 90 Deg to the main screen (for navigators and gunners) which distracts from the view ahead.
Was a bit disappointed as a new ride compared to FOP, for example as basically it was Mission Space with a Star Wars theme. Actually thought the Star Wars rework as "Hyper"Space Mountain was better.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you!

I’ve not been on FOP yet (haven’t been to Orlando since 2013!) so hopefully I might find it a bit better?
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

We rode it a couple of days ago (single rider
as the queue was 60mins) almost walked straight on and they were taking 6 at a time from our queue so we rode together! Ride capsule not claustrophobic as others have said one6 in each one. We thought it was quite good but not quite up to the hype so far. As a new area though it’s very well done and looked great as it started to get dark.
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I can’t do mission space, but fine on star tours, would I be okay on this ride ?

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

i have never tried Mission Space but always ride Star Tours even though it is so jerky. This one seemed much less jerky than Star Tours and I thought it was good fun. Think it can vary depending on pilots though and we were a group of 5, it might be less fun if you dont know the group you are with
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List