Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Jul 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Kilkobeano
Trying for More Ears

We’re from Newcastle so want to leave from there. I am going to phone and ask if they can move our flight to the Friday evening and get an overnight stay. Thanks for all your advice.

Edited at 10:24 PM. Reason: Typo
Kilkobeano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve done this route several times without any problems at all and are about to do it again. We opt to book a private hire car rather than using the coaches
Old 11 Jul 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kilkobeano
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
We’ve done this route several times without any problems at all and are about to do it again. We opt to book a private hire car rather than using the coaches
That’s good to know, do you collect your luggage at Heathrow then take it with you to Gatwick? I think that’s what we will have to do but BA weren’t very clear when I spoke to them.
Kilkobeano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kilkobeano View Post
That’s good to know, do you collect your luggage at Heathrow then take it with you to Gatwick? I think that’s what we will have to do but BA weren’t very clear when I spoke to them.
Yes you have to collect your luggage and then do bag drop (if you’re on a through ticket)
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I wouldn't risk it, too many holds ups on the M25 for me to take the risk
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I wouldn't risk it, too many holds ups on the M25 for me to take the risk
I wouldn't want to risk it either and would try and fly a day earlier, just today 13 miles of the M25 was closed in Surrey due to an accident.

I live 15 minutes from Heathrow and last week it took me over an hour to get there as the M4 was closed due to an accident.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

I was on something similar, landed at Heathrow after 8am flight 11.15 from Gatwick! But now changed onto the 1.25 flight from Gatwick! Gives me more time and less stress! Yes they said if I went for 11.15 they would get me on next available but we want to be sure we are all sitting together etc now to work out how to get from Heathrow to Gatwick ✈️

Edited at 09:22 AM.
Emma-p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I find it incredible that is 2019, and there is not a direct train or at least a bus lane linking these two airports. They are the biggest transport hub in the UK, yet to travel between them for tourists is a nightmare.
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Kilkobeano View Post
We’re from Newcastle so want to leave from there. I am going to phone and ask if they can move our flight to the Friday evening and get an overnight stay. Thanks for all your advice.
We fly from Newcastle and always do this part the day before and stay at Gatwick overnight.

I’m not so bothered about missing a connection on the way back (and we have ) but don’t want the stress at the start of the holiday.

Dawn