Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Jul 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
Mobile Extra discounts on Lyft

If theres more than one of you, one person download the app and search for a promo code to get $20 off. You actually get $5 off 4 rides.
Then invite the others travelling with you via the app. We that set it up they can also use the promo code and get $20 off too. Once they use the app to book a taxi you will get $20 for recommending them, We did this and used the same bank card so the costs came out off one account and all worked fine. The more invites you make and get accepted the more cheap rides you get. Big savings. From Lbv to premium outlets $2. Cheaper to use Lyft than the bus.
Old 13 Jul 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When does the offer end as we fly out on 12 th August b a strike depending. It will be good for us if we need to go for a drink on a night as we would leave car at resort. Thanks
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Its ongoing from what I can see. The first $20 is just the norm for signing up and the other is o going for inviting others to join. When we did the invite I didn't think I it would allow my son to add a promo code but it did. So between us we got $60 off. On the app you an track the driver, shows their name and their photo and give details of the car and reg. A couple of times by the time i'd put my phone in my bag the cars been there.
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Op thanks for the advice. I will
Load the app for when we go.
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Thanks OP, can we setup now or do you have to do it whilst there? We are flying a week on Monday (will have a car but will have at least 1 day using Lyft/Uber whilst there for our Discovery Cove day).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
T.jenni
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Awesome, will come in really handy!
T.jenni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I set mine up in the UK and my sons over here. The $20 referral promo only lasts I think I for 14 days so dont set that up till you get to Orlando. Today $2.56 from LBV to Discovery Cove. Same for return, brill
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by finnsmum View Post
I set mine up in the UK and my sons over here. The $20 referral promo only lasts I think I for 14 days so dont set that up till you get to Orlando. Today $2.56 from LBV to Discovery Cove. Same for return, brill
Does it work over WiFi or data connection only?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I've used it on wifi. I turned my phone data off the moment I got here and haven't turned it back on. Free wifi in all parks, most if not all hotels, reztaurants and malls so it's worked fine for us. I use it alongside my starling account so I get a message immediately to confirm the amount debited in £.
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Also they have existing customer offers . We used Lyft in September and I noticed just before we went back in April there was a dollar off up to ten rides, even better the day we arrived the offer changed to 25% off. A definite result so make sure you say yes to offers.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List