Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 25 Jul 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
As a ginger with insanely sensitive skin, I move between Tesco & ASDA's own brand cream SPF50 - remember the number just means how long between applications is - this isn't down to my scrimping on price, I look out for the 5 star UVA rating which many big brands don't actually have (Nivea, Garnier etc). Boots Soltan is also 5 star, but the Tesco one smells of coconut, doesn't irritate me and is £3.50 a bottle.

I always go for a base coat of cream, that way I can see for definite every part of me is covered (the white has to be worked in, not that there is much difference between the colour of the cream and my 'so pale I'm translucent' skin) and then mix it up during the day, I really like the spray cans too, banana boat & coppertone as they can be really cooling.

For my face, I use boots No.7 face sunscreen - it's pricey but is usually on 3 for 2 and for those that like it, it comes in a tinted moisturiser version too.

I can't comment on P20 stuff as I've never tried it, people give it a good write up but I can't bring myself to risk it, especially in the Florida sun. 5 minutes and I'm toast!

You have plenty of options whether it's here or there, it's just down to your own preference.

I also don't work for any of these companies - just sharing my own faves.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally95
Earning More Ears

As others have mentioned No-ad at publix is a great cream and is a good size. I did a mix this year and I have to say that the Malibu 30 once a day from Home bargains worked really well. I just also read today that the Cien range from Lidl gets a Which Best Buy. I used it last year and I thought it was very good. Been here 3 weeks, spending the last week at the beach and have just used the last of my 5 bottles of sunscreen (for 5 people)
Sally95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We buy No- Ad and it’s been our sunscreen of choice for 25 years . It’s the best sun cream I’ve used and someone in the know once told me it’s ingredients are normally only in high end brands. Its very expensive here on Amazon but very reasonable there.
I’d agree with the above, the Lidl is good too. I particularly like the mousse one (basically it’s like shaving foam that dissolved on your skin) Lidl do, at least in Portugal.
I’ve also had those Walmart own brand factor 50 sprays as above and that’s good too.

Edited at 04:52 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I usually take one bottle of the Boots Soltan, use it until we get to Walmart and buy the coppertone sprays. So much easier to use than the cream. I bring it home too, using it now and the smell reminds me of Florida (which is good, but also makes me want to be ther enow and not wait til Next year )

Edited at 02:07 PM.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

I usually buy in the UK as Asda own (although I don't like the new formula dry spray, it's horrible) and Aldi own offer us (as in our family) more than enough in terms off SPF and are 5* for the UVA protection (which is just as important as the SPF UVB protection - which my husband was advised about quite sternly at the Skin Cancer Clinic after having a cancerous mole) and they are both tested to very high standards and pass with flying colors often coming out top rated for protection above branded ones (most of which only offer 3 or 4 stars)

There is an interesting article HERE (specifically point 2) which states many of the US sunscreens (specifically the higher factor ones above the 50SPF) would not and did not pass the European standards testing - out of 7 tested, 5 of them would not have passed the standards required to be sold in Europe due to not providing adequate protection. The FDA are this year considering to limit the maximum SPF sun factor they will be allowed to produce.

Edited at 11:16 AM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
josie112
Imagineer

We have always also used No Ad from Publix. Wouldn't ever change.
2000 - Crescent Lakes Villa, 2003 - Briargrove Villa, 2005 - Briargrove Villa, 2005 - New York, 2006 - Briargrove Villa, 2006 - Portugal, 2007 - Briargrove Villa, 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa, 2010 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2011 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2012 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2014 - Highlands Reserve Villa, 2015 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2017 - The Mirage, Las Vegas, 2019 - Highlands Reserve Villa
josie112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List