Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If you're using a three sim the number will be on the sim card. Get it a week or so before travel and you'll have your contact number in plenty of time
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
instead of changing contact info on the credit card/bank site, just when you know the phone number of the three sim, set your main phone sim to forward to that number when you at at the departure lounge

it's done at the network level, so will auto-forward to the three sim card. no need to update sites with temporary numbers or anything
I'm pretty sure auto forward only works for voice calls.

Clarity does its fraud checking and release by text - I don't think you can auto forward text, but then I've never tried so maybe you can (I'll have learnt something new if you can, just have to then find out how to do it)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
If you're using a three sim the number will be on the sim card. Get it a week or so before travel and you'll have your contact number in plenty of time
Yes - also sometimes it's hit and miss on registering on the network if it isn't activated in the UK before you go
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Yes - also sometimes it's hit and miss on registering on the network if it isn't activated in the UK before you go
I also found you need to manually all the APN details when you first swap it over
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We didn't have a problem with ours. We switched to a Clarity card from the Fair FX card and we found it 100% better. We have also used our Clarity card in Cyprus too and didn't have any issues. I would take some cash just to be on the safe side.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Clarity does its fraud checking and release by text - I don't think you can auto forward text, but then I've never tried so maybe you can (I'll have learnt something new if you can, just have to then find out how to do it)
If your forwarding the text then replying, your text will come from a different number than the bank is expecting and will probably raise a fraud flag.

Get your 3 sim setup and running before you go and change the contact number.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Credit card issuers and their payment service provider (PSP) & merchant acquirers have their own fraud rules. These cant be easily changed and not on a customer basis anyway so whether you let them know or not has never made any difference as their velocity checks will never take this into consideration. Even if the likes of Halifax did make a note, the PSP will still allow/reject the transaction irrespective. The underwriters required these rules to be rock solid.

Edited at 03:40 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

ah, good point. texts wont forward

when i had the issue a few years ago it was all done via a phonecall...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sasha00
I have Ears

Hi we are Just back and used clarity card everyday with no problem. Used to withdraw cash too.
Sasha00 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
plantyroo
Earning More Ears

It's our first day here and we've used our Clarity cards a few times today with no issue... even managed to use it to order food on the MDE app!
plantyroo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List