Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

MCO help guide me through please

Its years since we have flown into MCO.

For last three trips we have flown into Sanford.

This september hubby and I are flying MAN - MCO and I'm panicing as I remember it to be expansive and complicated.

I am on chemotherapy, have mobility issues and tire easily (to name but a few medical issues).

Can someone very kindly point me to a walk through of whats where etc... I seem to remember there used to be one on here somewhere.

Thx in advance
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post
Its years since we have flown into MCO.

For last three trips we have flown into Sanford.

This september hubby and I are flying MAN - MCO and I'm panicing as I remember it to be expansive and complicated.

I am on chemotherapy, have mobility issues and tire easily (to name but a few medical issues).

Can someone very kindly point me to a walk through of whats where etc... I seem to remember there used to be one on here somewhere.

Thx in advance
Are you getting a hire car, taxi/transfer or disney bus?
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Well first off I'd suggest getting assistance booked.

Once you come off the plane, you walk along the tunnel (small incline) and round the corner. Down a ramp and take a left if using Global Entry/American/Visa or right if on ESTA. You will then enter the main queue - the size of this varies but it is a big room. If you book assistance, they normally take you through the GE lane which is much quicker but not guaranteed.

Once clear of immigration, you collect your bags on the caroseul, walk through customs and out into the terminal. You then get the monorail into the main airport terminal. Come out the monorail and head straight ahead, take a left down the escalator and then straight ahead into the lift to the appropriate floor. E.g. Car hire/Magical Express on Level 1 I think (ground floor). Car hire pick up is straight ahead across the road if using an onsite car hire company. If not, your shuttle to the car hire will probably pick you up just outside the doors.

Hope that helps.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
Are you getting a hire car, taxi/transfer or disney bus?
hire car from alamo
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609

Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
Well first off I'd suggest getting assistance booked.

Once you come off the plane, you walk along the tunnel (small incline) and round the corner. Down a ramp and take a left if using Global Entry/American/Visa or right if on ESTA. You will then enter the main queue - the size of this varies but it is a big room. If you book assistance, they normally take you through the GE lane which is much quicker but not guaranteed.

Once clear of immigration, you collect your bags on the caroseul, walk through customs and out into the terminal. You then get the monorail into the main airport terminal. Come out the monorail and head straight ahead, take a left down the escalator and then straight ahead into the lift to the appropriate floor. E.g. Car hire/Magical Express on Level 1 I think (ground floor). Car hire pick up is straight ahead across the road if using an onsite car hire company. If not, your shuttle to the car hire will probably pick you up just outside the doors.

Hope that helps.
Virgin have organised special assistance apparently, as VIrgin Atlantic needed lots of evidence to clear me to fly. They have been marvellous so far but for years weve flown Tui from Manchester so are very used to Sandford
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

I have only needed special assistance once (Got glass in my foot and ended up having surgery the day before I flew, had to be non weight bearing for 2 weeks), Virgin organised it at check in for me at MCO. Met at door with a man in wheelchair, quickly through immigration (I believe they have now removed the special disabled lane and you now have to wait in the normal line) and taken through to secondary baggage collection where I met my town car driver.
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can't describe it any better than the photo walk through in the International Arrivals Guide on here which I've linked a few times over the years.

orlandoairports/getting-...parture-guides

Assume that you're flying direct from the UK you'll land at gates 70-99 on side B. Unless you've done courtesy baggage transfer with VS you will be closest to garage B for hire cars. If you do CBT with VS your cases go over to A side.

Mick
Old 11 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post
hire car from alamo
It will help a lot if you do on-line check in with Alamo. You can avoid the terminal desks, go straight to the garage either side and pick your own car. If car hire booked through Virgin they have their own OLCI check in form.

Mick