Joan
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Aww, great day. Our meals at Sci-Fi were not great, I think we should have stuck with the burgers. However, the experience itself was fun, and at least we spotted the 'dancing hot dog advert' from Grease!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

So glad you got a sci-fi dine in res. We love the kitschness of it all. Could do with a reading/eating light though. The burgers were a good call as definitely the best thing on the menu (ok for coeliacs too when we were there).

Xx
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Nice surprise for the boys glad you al enjoyed your meal
Thank you - was a night to remember

Originally Posted by desa View Post
What a lovely day !

I have read all of your trip report and sounds like you all had a wonderful time with more to come in 2019 !

We go back to Orlando on August 3rd for 2 weeks, 4th time since March 2016 and we cant wait ! Love reading your trip reports

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Desa
Thank you so much - hope your August 2019 trip was as good as ours

Appreciate your kind words

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
For some reason sci fi diner has never really grabbed me but your food photos are making me think again, your burgers look really tasty!

It never appealed to us and was only Joe who stood resolute that we should book it - so pleased we did and I have to admit it is a bit of burger place but the food was so good

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It sounds like another lovely laid back day. I'm glad you managed to fit in a few beers. We've not made it to Baseline Tap yet, we prioritised HBD lounge as Geoffa had recommended the martini and margarita flights to me they were well worth it though and thinking about them now I might have to squeeze in a visit to the lounge again this year. Hmm, baseline tap may have just been bumped again.

We've done sci fi once and it was a great restaurant, the kids would love to go back one day it's another one to add to the list!

I'm glad you got a last Fantasmic in. Aahh I'm so looking forward to that, think we will try and go for it on day 2 as our first fireworks. Fingers crossed the jet lag and lunchtime beers at Rose and Crown don't mean we are too sleepy

Those lunchtime beers at the Rose and Crown served to fuel our park day
Was great to see you and your lovely family.

Hope you managed the Tap House on this trip and possibly even the Sci- Fi too.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
40 minutes standby for Slinky is fantastic! I’d prefer to use my Tier 1 FP on TSM but OH has outvoted me and wanted Slinky so I have relented in the hope TSM will be an easy 4th+ FP once the new tiers arrive. Pray for me! I think I prefer Mine Train and was surprised how tame Slinky was, as from the ground it has more of a fear factor. A fabulous family coaster though and a very much needed addition to HS.

Love the bauble you chose; we may have to keep an eye out for that one. We have amassed so many over the years that sometimes we struggle to remember which we have and which we don’t.

I’ve found Sci-Fi amongst the toughest ADRs to pick up if you don’t book at 180 days, so pleased for Joe that you managed to nab one. So glad you enjoyed it, we are big fans and I am adamant they are the best burgers in Disney. Although D-Luxe are now a worthy contender. You are also right about it being great value OOP!
I am so sad we never got to see the Movie Magic show!

Genius idea to get the Uber at the Boardwalk, the HS car park was an absolute nightmare last year. It also makes me feel very smug that you got one up on Disney’s ridiculous parking prices by giving Uber your money instead. I am sure somewhere some executive is drafting a plan for a drop off fee as a counteract.
Know what you mean about Slinky - I still think of it as a Goofini type ride and nothing to get over excited by - young kids will love it

Hope you keep reading for our 2019 trip as we really did make use of Uber and lyft in order to show how ridiculous Disney parking has become- and yes I have also thought about the drop off fee too

Thanks for your thoughtful reading as always

Old 9 Sep 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
A lovely surprise for the boys, Sci-fi looks like a fun experience. The burgers looked good too!
Really good burger s, so much so we did it again this year

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
What a fantastic packed day, some great photos and memories made.
The Uber does sound like it could be the way forward! The onsite parking charges have made me question cars too.
Totally agree with the car question too

Not worth paying to have a car in the car park when you can arrange a car hire for dates that suit.
Used Uber and Lyft a number of times in 2019 and saw the ease of it and how cheap it can be - even when staying a distance away from WDW in a Villa near Champions Gate.

Thanks for reading

Old 10 Sep 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great day

Joan
Thanks Joan

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Aww, great day. Our meals at Sci-Fi were not great, I think we should have stuck with the burgers. However, the experience itself was fun, and at least we spotted the 'dancing hot dog advert' from Grease!
Good call Gill
I think this place is just a burger place or bust! The wider menu seemed to have shrunk on our recent visit 2019 .
Dancing Hot Dog ad is amongst the amazing screen time given to so much.

Old 10 Sep 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
So glad you got a sci-fi dine in res. We love the kitschness of it all. Could do with a reading/eating light though. The burgers were a good call as definitely the best thing on the menu (ok for coeliacs too when we were there).

Xx

A dining res that we never thought we would snag.

Once again , I'm thinking you have loads of information that you can share with The Dibb as to food options throughout WDW

This needs to be highlighted so much more.

XX

Old 10 Sep 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post

A dining res that we never thought we would snag.

Once again , I'm thinking you have loads of information that you can share with The Dibb as to food options throughout WDW

This needs to be highlighted so much more.

XX
Good news, I think we’ve finally sorted the photos, although not many food ones in there

Can’t wait to read your trippie for this year 😘😘
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List