Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 7 May 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Iphone

I'm sorry for the question as I'm sure it is probably a very stupid one! I don't know how to put this into words for a google search, hence the ask on here (a bit more anonymous than FB so everyone would know how tech useless I am!).

So, iPhone stopped working a couple of weeks ago. TBH, the screen was smashed for months but it still worked (until it stopped! ). Screen went black. It would seem there is still some life left in it as Apple shop said diagnostics say it should switch back on...it hasn't yet. Also, when you call it, it sounds like its ringing out to the caller (but phone itself isn't making a noise, although it may have been on silent when it went black).

Sadly, back up wasn't up to date so I can't just write it off just yet (photos I want to try and retrieve).

If I upgrade my icloud storage now, will the photos all go on there? Or do I need to be able to press things on my phone to do that (screen is black so wouldn't know where to press!).

Also, I am travelling for work tomorrow. If I put the sim into another old iPhone and do that thing (restore?), will I then loose permanently all the photos that weren't on icloud? Or do they stay on the (broken) phone?

Thank you if anyone can help/advise. xx
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If it wasn’t already backed up, only way you can back it up will be to get it booted up and online, then back it up. Alternatively you may be able to plug it into a Mac or PC and back it up via iTunes which may be your best bet if it’s actually booting up but just doesn’t have a display.
Given it’s making strange noises though, it may not be booting up, which means you won’t be able to back it up unless you get it repaired.
Old 8 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

if the phone is still alive, just not responding on screen/speaker, you should be able to plug it into your computer and back things up with itunes still...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List