Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports
Unread 30 Jun 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile SoCal July 2019, hopefully live

Well, as I lie in bed at the premier Inn Heathrow terminal 4 unable to go back to sleep I figure I might as well start on my trippie!

We are me, OH and 2 boys (10 & 13). Heading off to California at 15:25 today for 2 weeks. Started in NI yesterday, flew from Dublin to Heathrow. Staying in Premier Inn, ate in the restaurant last night and the food was quite nice and priced as you'd expect 😂 was about 90 including tip for 4 meals, 4 alcoholic drinks, a soft drink and 2 desserts. As we're having breakfast today it would have been better value to book the meal deal, but I wasn't sure before we got here if we'd eat here or go back into the airport. However once we dragged our bags down the seemingly endless tunnel between terminal 4 and the hotel (which was rather like a sauna thanks to the heatwave and no air conditioning) we opted to stay in the hotel 😁 No food pics but here's my aperol spritz

Not really much to report from a travel day that consists of going from Dublin to Heathrow...

We would have liked to have flown direct from Dublin to LA but we saved around 1000 doing it this way.

Thoughts for the day: the Premier Inn is a pretty nice hotel and thankfully the rooms are air conditioned (we paid about 40 for the room). Food was fairly decent ( they even cook the chips in the oven for gluten Free diners to avoid cross contamination). The long term blue car park at Dublin Airport is gravel not pavement which is really tricky with cases!

Room with a view
Unread 30 Jun 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

How exciting, hope you have a great trip

We have been west coast twice and are hoping to go again next year, by far the best holidays we have ever had

I look forward to your report
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast 2016
Unread 30 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Safe travels! Looking forward to reading along

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Keys, Gulf and Cruise!
Unread 30 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Serious Dibber

Have an amazing holiday! Looking forward to hearing more 😊
KayLouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a great holiday.

Orlando City Stadium visit - April 2017 here - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1017992

April 2015 POR/RPR, April 2016 POR/RPR, April 2017 Doubletree at Seaworld/POR, Halloween 2018 Cabana Bay/POP, April 2019 POR/BCV
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 30 Jun 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Currently enjoying the no. 1 lounge in terminal 3. We've never booked into an airport lounge before so this is a bit of a treat for us. It's a much nicer experience relaxing in here than in the main part of the airport.

The details for anyone who is interested : it cost 93 for 4 of us (3 adults and 1 child) which was discounted as we are flying virgin. You can get one meal each (these were small but nice and Inc dairy free, gluten Free, veggie and vegan options). And then are snacks to help yourself to. These are pretty limited (soup, salad, nuts/pretzels and a few buns/tray bakes). All drinks except champagne are included.

Toilet facilities are woefully inadequate.

Flight in a couple of hours!

Edited at 01:44 PM.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California, knows how to party!
Unread 30 Jun 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Great start and wishing you a wonderful holiday
Unread 30 Jun 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
Imagineer

A great start and looking forward to the updates. I much prefer the whole trippie on the one thread. Have a brilliant vacation... and plenty of updates, please!

Glad there are no food pics.. and guessed that it was Aperol before even reading the text.
2005 On site Disney. 2009 Idrive. 2010 Idrive, 2011 LBV+ Duck Key. 2012 Gulf Coast+Davenport Villa. 2013 LBV Resort.2015 NY+Washington+Davenport Villa+Tampa. 2017 Pensacola+Destin+Kissimmee Villa. 2018 California N to S

Edited at 02:13 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boston, NY, Dayton, Florida can't wait.
Florida Tix