Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 27 Jun 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

4th of July. Sales?

Hi, we're off to Florida in September and are using the services a personal shopper service. I was about to order some stuff but wondered should I wait until the 4th July. Is this one of the holidays where there are discounts about? Any advice gratefully received!
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

It depends on what you are buying and where you are buying it from. To get real bargains, you need to shop around. You may be lucky. If you are using a personal shopper I would have thought you would address your question to them. In my experience, a lot of shops offer much the same things all the year round and do little more than just name their 'sale' after whatever the holiday is. There are different holidaymakers there each week to be enticed away from the other attractions! They might have some special buys they have bought in specially, or clearance stock they can't otherwise get rid of. According to their web sites, Mall at Millenia and Florida have shorter hours on the 4th. Some of the Florida Mall shops are advertising June sales - 'Summer sale', 'June clearance sale' and 'semi-annual sale'. The Premium Outlets web site lists 'July 4th sales' at various shops - but they seem to have started and are running for a couple of weeks. The LBV Stores web mentions a 'Sidewalk sale' starting on the 4th. There'll be a similar 'Labor Day Sale' at the beginning of September.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

You're completely right. Don't know what planet I'm on. Of course, I should have asked the shopper, duh!

Good to know that a lot of it is hype and it's perhaps not so urgent to get everything on the 4th. Thanks!
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went shopping today and not much to be seen in the line of bargains so far