Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 9 Jul 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
Excited about Disney

Best park for tubing ?

We'd like to do a day tubing in a national park, take a picnic etc, but there are so many ! So wondering on your experiences.
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Carriedaydream View Post
We'd like to do a day tubing in a national park, take a picnic etc, but there are so many ! So wondering on your experiences.
Kelly park gets our vote. Got a bit of everything there. If you need any info let me know
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Rainbow springs has been recommended. I've not been but interested to hear what people think as we want to go one day in a few weeks
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Kelly park gets our vote. Got a bit of everything there. If you need any info let me know
Thanks. I've just looked at the website it looks great
Did you get there really early and was it busy?
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Carriedaydream View Post
Thanks. I've just looked at the website it looks great
Did you get there really early and was it busy?
Looking at when you're going then you would need to go early. Avoid weekends if poss.

We normally get a breakfast in McDonald's which is just down the road and also get a subway to take in for later which is literally outside. They do burgers, ice creams, drinks etc in shop in the park also. There are also bbqs dotted around.

Showers and toilets there.

It's about a 40 to 60 min drive depends where u stay. Plus tolls which depend on your route.

It's $5 per car for the day. Can hire tubes outside or like us buy some from walmart plus a cheap hand pump.

Rainbow river is quite a bit further (about 2 hours). And is purely a float down for a few hours.
U will need to sort transport also to pick u up to take u back to car or vice versa which is roughly $7 each. U also have to pay $10 each at KP hole to get in the river just so you are aware.

Alcohol is no permitted at either spots.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

Rainbow river without a doubt.

Totally natural a can take 4-5 hours depending on river flow.
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

How does kelly park compare to wekiwa park? I have that one pencilled in but not been to Esther and wondering if anyone can compare?
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

How do I not know about this? We tubed the Guadalope (and somewhere else, name escapes me) a couple of years ago in Texas and it was fantastic. I'd assumed that Florida is too flat for tubing - is there rough bits/rapids or just a steady flat glide along?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
How does kelly park compare to wekiwa park? I have that one pencilled in but not been to Esther and wondering if anyone can compare?
For us Kelly park is much better. Wekiwa has no tubing like Kelly Springs, it's more a swimming sunbathing day.
Kelly park is the same but with the addition of the lazy river
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tiger431 View Post
Rainbow river without a doubt.

Totally natural a can take 4-5 hours depending on river flow.
We want to do Rainbow river but each time we start to plan it and then see the costs and times (a good 2 hour drive) to get there we always default back to Kelly park.

$17 per person without a tube included just to tube at Rainbow (KP Hole is $10 without tube hire and $7 each transport ), when there's a few of you going it gets very costly V's Kelly park at $5 total.