Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 2 Jul 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Hi Diesel, we are in Clearwater at the minute but had 3 days in KW and stayed at the Havana cabana, we thought it was excellent, it’s a little bit out of the main area but they have courtesy buses running all day which drop you off centrally, the rooms are a good size, the service is great, we enjoyed the pool guys coming round with free ice lollies, smoothies and doughnuts and lemonade, all spaced out during the day, they have resident iguanas pottering about as well which are nice to look at, they charge resort fees, but I still think it’s a great place to stay.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diesel_Staffie View Post
Where do you stay? I’ve seen Havana Cabana. Is there anything you recommend doing on the way down?
Always stay at the Best Western Hibiscus, 4th time this September. Cant fault it, good rooms, great pool, free breakfast and parking and walking distance but not too close to the main drag. Its just round the corner from the Southernmost Buoy, hire bikes on day one and lock them in the car park, superb fun.

Edited at 04:17 PM.
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Just looked at Havana Cabana, looks nice but for us it'd be way too far out. Resort fee would annoy me too I think.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are booked at the Speakeasy bar and Inn for 3 nights in December
I'm soo excited 🤸
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
With September the real hurricane season you are chancing the fact that they could be evacuating the Keys when you have booked to go. We were in Orlando Sept 2017 between two really bad hurricanes and even had to cancel going to Anna Maria Island because of the devastation a week earlier.
Think you are getting confused with the Keys - there was no "devastation" in either Orlando or AMI in 2017.
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve been 3 times - all in September- and the 1st time, a hurricane had just been through and the whole area was a mess (our hotel on Duval St was still recovering and had buckets everywhere for the leaking roofs) The 2nd time we had glorious sunshine the whole time and it was lovely. The 3rd time it was very cloudy, rainy in the afternoons and overcast. We will probably not return. We found it getting really expensive and (just my opinion) there are nicer areas and places to visit in Florida
capecoralfl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

OP I hope you don't mind me being bold and asking a question on your thread. What I would like to know is how busy is Key West, is it a party town? I would like to go but really feel I'm too old for all that partying and drinking into the late night sorry . I've always imagined it to be like Torremolinos in the 1980s
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
OP I hope you don't mind me being bold and asking a question on your thread. What I would like to know is how busy is Key West, is it a party town? I would like to go but really feel I'm too old for all that partying and drinking into the late night sorry . I've always imagined it to be like Torremolinos in the 1980s
Key West is very much what you make it.

Day time its beautiful and sedate with lots of pretty buildings, things to see and places to visit. Evening its a lovely stroll along Duval or the Quayside with plenty of places to eat and drink (rarely rowdy or noisy with the odd friendly drag queen touting on the street outside a couple of bars at weekends. Bars only really come to life late evening, early hours of the morning. We're early 50s and absolutely loved it, we don't party hard at home but didn't feel out of place at all. Great mix of people of all ages, having fun, never saw any bad behaviour in the three times we've been there.

Only time I think its best avoided is during Fantasyfest in October, unless youre VERY open minded lol

Old 10 Jul 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Key West is very much what you make it.

Day time its beautiful and sedate with lots of pretty buildings, things to see and places to visit. Evening its a lovely stroll along Duval or the Quayside with plenty of places to eat and drink (rarely rowdy or noisy with the odd friendly drag queen touting on the street outside a couple of bars at weekends. Bars only really come to life late evening, early hours of the morning. We're early 50s and absolutely loved it, we don't party hard at home but didn't feel out of place at all. Great mix of people of all ages, having fun, never saw any bad behaviour in the three times we've been there.

Only time I think its best avoided is during Fantasyfest in October, unless youre VERY open minded lol
Thanks I am open-minded however as I'm getting older I hate noise late into the night, have enough of it here with my neighbours parties. That said I don't like it too quiet either, we went to Naples last August and we were back in our room at 9pm every night as there was nothing to do . There is a possibility that we may go in October so thanks for the heads up.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Thanks I am open-minded however as I'm getting older I hate noise late into the night, have enough of it here with my neighbours parties. That said I don't like it too quiet either, we went to Naples last August and we were back in our room at 9pm every night as there was nothing to do . There is a possibility that we may go in October so thanks for the heads up.
Take a look at Best Western Hibiscus, its round the corner from the Southernmost Buoy. Walkable to everything going on at the other end of Duval but far enough away to be very quiet. Pool and rooms are lovely, parking free, breakfast included and no resort fees