Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Sounds lovely! What did you do in Olden?
Noddy train to end of lake. Negotiated discount for kids. Today is Flam with a high of 26c. Beautiful surrounds. Tip of the day. We had not bought railway tickets onboard. They were £96 a person. Got off ship when docked. Was about 30th in queue. Got tickets easily at less than half that. About 200 left when I had bought mine. They have a counter in the sign
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Noddy train to end of lake. Negotiated discount for kids. Today is Flam with a high of 26c. Beautiful surrounds. Tip of the day. We had not bought railway tickets onboard. They were £96 a person. Got off ship when docked. Was about 30th in queue. Got tickets easily at less than half that. About 200 left when I had bought mine. They have a counter in the sign
Even better tip is to book online in advance, same price, you just know what your time is so can plan accordingly
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Even better tip is to book online in advance, same price, you just know what your time is so can plan accordingly
I would agree apart from one aspect. If you arrive and clouds are down then waste of a trip. Having now done the journey it’s one of those I am glad I did but wouldn’t be rushing to do again. Overpriced at normal ticket rate. At £96 for two hours it’s a rip-off
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
I would agree apart from one aspect. If you arrive and clouds are down then waste of a trip. Having now done the journey it’s one of those I am glad I did but wouldn’t be rushing to do again. Overpriced at normal ticket rate. At £96 for two hours it’s a rip-off

I agree. Plus when we went last year there was no availability showing online from about 6 months before we visited. Easily bought tickets at the station though and even then thought it was very overpriced.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We are doing the Fjords on Britannia the first weekend in September so have read through this topic with interest! It's our 6th cruise and usually I know what I want to do by now but I'm struggling a little with this one. We are going with my parents and my sister's family to celebrate my mums 60th, she loves Norway so it was really her choice of destination. Its their first cruise so I'm just hoping they don't hate it!

We all booked saver fares as the price difference for select was huge, and now I'm worried that we won't all get the same dining allocation. Have requested anytime dining for all 3 cabins and all we can do now is hope I guess. I know you're not supposed to be able to change allocation once on board, but I'm wondering if one cabin gets given set dining I will be able to plead our case? We don't plan to eat together in the MDR every night but it would be nice to at least a few nights!

We've all decided not to pre book any excursions as the weather could be a problem- even before I saw the post above about it being foggy! My mum has parkinsons as well and she never knows how active she will feel on any given day so needs to keep her options open. My 3yr old nephew is coming so if nothing else we can walk around with him, 3yr olds make their own entertainment!

DH is sulking a bit with the choice of destination as he'd much rather do a week somewhere hot, so I'm really hoping he enjoys it more than expected. I think I'll just enjoy spending time with the family.
My friend's daughters and parents are on the cruise with you!
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List