Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We used it last year and it was money well spent. The ordinary queue was horrendous, but it’s pot luck. After last year’s experience we will definitely do it again.
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It’s can be pot luck, it’s very dependent on the time of day and time of year. DH used it when he was flying out of Manchester regularly and because he was often on an early weekday flight it usually made a difference. We’ve used it for leisure in the past and sometimes it makes a difference, sometimes not. What they sometimes do at Manchester is send people through the fast pass line without a pass, presumably to speed things up. If you want or need the chance of getting through the fastest then pay it. If like my DH you consider the whole journey to be hanging around in one form or another until you arrive, save the cash for an ice cream 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
If like my DH you consider the whole journey to be hanging around in one form or another until you arrive, save the cash for an ice cream 😁
You husband is spot on. Some parts of it will be smooth, some not so smooth. Once you get to your hotel/villa and it's all either forgotten or becomes war stories.
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chrissie H View Post
We used it last year and it was money well spent. The ordinary queue was horrendous, but it’s pot luck. After last year’s experience we will definitely do it again.
Those horrendous queues move reasonably fast. We've queued from the top of the stairs and it looked long, we had a bit of a moan in the queue, but by the time we'd hit duty free we were over it !
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We always fly from Manchester (we live in Bury so always use it for any flying) and as other have said it can be very hit and miss. Used it 2 weeks ago and glad we did. Didn't use it for a flight in November and had to queue for about an hour. Other times the q has been longer for fast pass than the regular q. However the November q was so awful that will always do it from now on

Edited at 09:24 PM.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
If its the same as the Stansted one (which I think it is...), you don't actually need to buy anything, just reserve it ;-) They then email you a code to get 2 free fast tracks. You can use the same email address more than once...
Read the small print! I am 99% if it's a pre-order with free Security Fastracks bundled in you have to submit payment card info with the duty free pre-order. They don't charge your card when you order, but hold the details as security for if you don't collect your pre-order. You'll then get charged for the two security Fastracks onto the card details you submitted with the order.

You can, I believe, pre-order using card A details, then pay in the day using a different card, or cash, when you collect the order. The important thing is that the duty free order is collected & paid for.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Read the small print! I am 99% if it's a pre-order with free Security Fastracks bundled in you have to submit payment card info with the duty free pre-order. They don't charge your card when you order, but hold the details as security for if you don't collect your pre-order. You'll then get charged for the two security Fastracks onto the card details you submitted with the order.

You can, I believe, pre-order using card A details, then pay in the day using a different card, or cash, when you collect the order. The important thing is that the duty free order is collected & paid for.
You don't have to put any card details In with the pre-order. No idea how they charge you if you dont collect your order.
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JCA
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
You don't have to put any card details In with the pre-order. No idea how they charge you if you dont collect your order.
We did the offer almost 2 months ago, I didn't collect my order. Didn't put a card in so couldn't be charged.
JCA is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Genius! Thanks guys. Just sorted out mine.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Slowwinger
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Is the offer still on? Can't seem to find it.
Slowwinger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List