Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

We gave our Brittany Spaniel Natures Menu. A word of warning to anyone rescuing from abroad. Ripley died from Leishmaniasis despite testing negative before he came to us. I have since read an article that suggests that raw food makes them more vulnerable if they have the parasite present. We now have a Spanish rescue and I won’t feed her raw. I’ve no idea if there was any science to back up the claim but it’s not a chance I’m prepared to take.
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
shazza1961
Imagineer

Mobile

My girl is on natures menu too, shes nearly 5, and at her check up the other week at the vets, she said how good her teeth were for a small ish breed xx shes half ≈≈≈≈zu have bichon, weighs 11.8kgs, been raw fed since she was a puppy xx
shazza1961 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Nope, my dogs are getting nothing I wouldn't eat myself.
Don't believe in it. My opinion.
x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaaddict
Getting Excited

Hi. We have fed our Juno (Hungarian Vizsla) raw since we got her at 8 weeks. We researched extensively and joint the BARF Fb page.
We are lucky to have a good supplier near by (on the Isle Of Sheppy) and have done DIY and completes (when I can’t be bothered with all the weighing)
Juno has thrived on raw! Although chopping up raw fish is slightly 🤢
floridaaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post

We are picking up our puppy on Friday .
He is on raw chicken mince and royal canin dry food mixed together .
Think she said when he’s a bit older to then move to just the minced chicken and add some veg .
The mince is sold in the freezer at Pets at home and it’s 100% chicken or meat and you can just add veg (gives examples on the back)

Edited at 08:11 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

We used to feed raw, but then one of our dogs became allergic to meat. We couldn't feed one raw and not the other so both went over to healthy vegan meals. Thankfully that sorted out any problems.

But when we did do the raw, we bought ready made as I was concerned about getting the right amounts etc. We also joined a Facebook page dedicated to raw meals and various website out there with excellent advice.

The best tip we were given was to buy as fresh as possible (if you do it yourself) and freeze asap unless feeding straight away. Make sure any utensils you use are clean including the cutting board etc, it can be easy to pick up something. That is what the vet first thought happened to our dog until tests were done.

When moving over to raw, very very gradually add it into the diet, cutting back on current food. Your vet can give you some excellent advise on raw feeding.
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I've fed my cats raw for over 30 years. I buy whatever is cheap at the butchers I never buy pre-prepared. It seems to work they all live long and healthy lives
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List