Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jul 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We have kids either side, and occasionally get a ball kicked or thrown over but its rare for them to knock. If I find one I just throw it back over and hope I have the right side! They are all nice kids but I think if they knocked 7 times I'd be telling them to behave and stop it (luckily we've known them since birth, always buy for them at xmas, birthdays, holidays etc and I can say this without anyone being offended).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LadyAurora View Post
This is such a nightmare thing to go through, we don't speak to our neighbours anymore as after the football continuously came over at least 15 times a day I asked him if it was possible to stop it and five minutes later he was at the door verbally abusing me and threatening me, I was so upset so if it comes over now it waits until we're ready to throw it back, I've sadly suffered a lot of stress through this.
That’s awful! I feel so sorry for you. Your home should be your refuge not a place where you’re abused by neighbours.
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When my brothers were young the ball went over a few times next door. The neighbor slashed it with a knife and sent it back! My sons ball went into a neighbours garden she said she threw over the back fence, she should of thrown it over ours. It was a £20 World Cup Football and we never got it back. Some people are horrid, not you OP you are great for throwing it back so many times x
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

We have neighbours with young kids on 2 sides of our fence. We haven’t always had them. They have to knock on our door, they can’t get to our garden. I don’t have a problem... unless I’m sitting outside and a ball hits me on the head or knocks my alcoholic beverage flying...ok I don’t drink a lot really 🤣🤣.
Point being, my kids were the younger ones a few years back, and they went and asked for their ball back. Except we have a real grumpy bar***rd on one side and if the kids ball went in... they popped it. We built a high wooden fence so it didn’t go in that side anymore.
I have no problems throwing the kids balls back... my problem is knowing whose ball is whose? 🤣🤣

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I have a very simple solution.

Build a bigger fence.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

They are kids doing what kits should be doing rather than staying in all day on electronic things.
Maybe suggest they get a few more balls and when they are all kicked over to come and get them.
When the kids next door to use did this we just told them to come on round anytime and collect them. We did have a gate that we could lock anytime we needed privacy.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List