Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 9 May 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Planes, Trains and Automobiles (Smoky mountains - Williamsburg - Washington DC - New York) Day 16

Day 16 - Saturday 17th April 2017

We woke early at 6 due to the noise of the passing trains, the windows were useless in this hotel! Breakfast was probably the most pleasant of the trip as it was quiet and we started off the first people there at 7.30. We had coffee, juice, cereal and bagels taking some fruit and donuts for a snack later on.

We took the metro all the way down to battery park but whilst on the train realised that we would have to get off earlier due to trains being terminated. I asked a guy on the train for help and turns out he was a tour guide so walked us down to where we needed to be. I had our crown tickets reserved for 10am but we managed to be through security and on the boat by 9.30.

It had already started to get busy but by the time we arrived back at battery park the place was rammed!

We went around the museum first
[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/46362/358e4634697af9.jpg[/APP
Then up to the crown. Only Georgia and I attempted this as Jack as a fear of heights. Turns out that was a good idea as the stairway is very narrow and I was only just avoiding hitting my head at 5ft 4! Georgia stomped up the 360 or so steps to the top and we had it all to ourselves!

The view isn't that great, but the experience was fantastic! So glad we did this and it was fairly cheap at $21 an adult too. The climb down was really steep and Georgia ended up going down on her bum! We passed the inside of Liberty's face after a few levels.

Georgia enjoyed the pedestal level and I got some photos I love taking of her looking at an awesome view

We decided against going to Ellis island and so after a gift shop visit, we got back on the boat.

Next up on the agenda was 9/11 memorial

A guide was standing at the survivors tree telling us it's story. It was amazing to see that it was the only tree in the park that was in bloom too!

By now Georgia was hungry and as we were near to Whole Foods Market I thought we would head there. I loved it here, a huge range of hot and cold food to choose from. Unfortunately a fussy Jack and Georgia didn't feel the same and lunch took from 1.30 to 3 persuading her to eat all of her salad box. These cost approx. $10 each (cost is by weight)

They had a great seating area with toilets, water and wifi and so I researched the map on where to go next. We passed an Au bon pain for a coffee refill and made our way to Brooklyn Bridge.
Odd car stacking system

The bridge was rammed with people and I didn't get the sort of photos I wanted of us here

I had told Georgia that it was essential that Jack and I kiss on the Brooklyn bridge (Sex and the city style), not wanting to allow me to have any physical contact with 'her' Daddy, she got in quick...

She loved walking the bridge so much that instead of checking out Brooklyn, she made us walk straight back over!
Wanting an ice cream we made our way to the nearest Mcdonalds for a flurry. Only in America would you find this in a Mc D's

It was 7.30 before we got back to the room after having walked 25000 steps! We snacked on some fruit and nuts and chilled out!

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593

Edited at 06:43 PM.
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like the perfect day in NYC, in spite of the healthy lunch not being appreciated but everyone.

I've got similar plans for our first day in new York so it was really interesting to read. We have an early slot booked for statue of liberty then I want to go to the 9/11 memorial, walk over to wall Street and see the bull before heading over Brooklyn bridge. I'm glad it was do-able for you guys. although I think we will have to get in training before we leave as that was a big step count!

Thanks for sharing

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

That looks like a great day, a lot of walking but some fab sights. You did really well with all those crowds.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
you fitted a lot into today
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

What a great day love that salad box my idea of a great lunch .