Old 7 Oct 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do your food trippie I really enjoyed reading along. You seemed to have enjoyed some good food.

Joan
You’re welcome! Thanks for reading!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Great report, it looks like you had some gorgeous food over the week and I've added Ample Hills to the top of my 'to try snacks' list. Le Cellier looks delicious.

Interesting to read about your experience with Aer Lingus, we are flying out with BA but flying back with Aer Lingus to Edinburgh, via Dublin - flight food really doesn't sound great so think we will avoid that. Was there much choice at The Loop? I think we have 4 hours to kill before our 2nd flight.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill247 View Post
Great report, it looks like you had some gorgeous food over the week and I've added Ample Hills to the top of my 'to try snacks' list. Le Cellier looks delicious.

Interesting to read about your experience with Aer Lingus, we are flying out with BA but flying back with Aer Lingus to Edinburgh, via Dublin - flight food really doesn't sound great so think we will avoid that. Was there much choice at The Loop? I think we have 4 hours to kill before our 2nd flight.

Thanks so much for sharing!
We didn’t see a lot of choice. We ate at a place upstairs that was a counter service place. There was also a Burger King. There were a couple of places downstairs but I didn’t see anywhere for a “sit down” meal. To be honest we just wanted a cooked breakfast so didn’t look far.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It’s really interesting that you often needed a second breakfast, I kept thinking how snack credits would be useful in this instance, but of course it turned out you’d have needed way more snack credits that DP would have offered you. But with 2 full meals a day on DP you probably wouldn’t have wanted as many snacks… It really messes with your head trying to work out what is for the best!

Your Yak & Yeti pictures are taunting me, we cancelled our ADR there and I was planning to have the burger, so it really doesn’t help that Marie loved it haha!

Every time we pass Daily Poutine OH says ‘ooo poutine!’ as if it’s the first time he’s seen it, I always plan we’ll get some but we never do. I’m sure he’d go for the original but I think I might go for one of the others.

How funny that neither of us ate in The Wave on the day we were supposed to be there! We probably ended up arriving at the park around the same time as we were at Early Morning Magic! I’m a big of a Be Our Guest critic, I do think breakfast is a bit pricey but when think it’s worth it if you’re doing a pre-park open one.

I really like your dinner in France, so simple and you can’t really beat crusty bread and butter – I think it was good value out of pocket and as 3 snacks.

The ‘To Go’ window seems really rubbish! What were the opening hours supposed to be?

I think with Coconut Shrimp that some places it’s better than others, whenever it’s really sweet I think ‘I don’t like this, I’m not getting it again’, but other places it can be delicious (Bubba Gumps, I’m thinking of you!).

We were at Yachtsman the night you were trying to get an ADR, it was busier than I’ve ever seen it. Le Cellier was one of the ADRs we didn’t make it too, and the one I’m most disappointed to have missed. My tummy is rumbling at your pictures!

The food at T-Rex looks really good!

Ample Hills was another place we never made it too (too lazy to walk over from Epcot in the heat) and I really regret that too, the Butter Pecan Brittle sounds gorgeous.

Thanks Lisa, I really enjoyed reading this, particularly your final thoughts. I was surprised to see that the Dining Plan would have saved you a tiny bit. I really like how liberated you seemed without it though.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Just caught up and read your whole report. What a lot of food, and what a shame about not having the appetite for your second trip to Yak and Yeti. I completely get the 'other stomach' thing for a sweet treat though

I love the food booths at the Epcot festivals, but don't think I could bring myself to pay oop for them. Definitely one for snack and qs credits.

Did you feel that you had more freedom just deciding as you went rather than making adrs 180 days in advance? I think I'd be more conscious of how much we ste and food prices if we were paying oop. I do like the freedom of not having to think about it, especially with 2 teenagers - it's great that they can eat as and when they want without having to worry about the bill

A great report though. Looking forward to doing my next one when we're back there next year - just over a year to go!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It’s really interesting that you often needed a second breakfast, I kept thinking how snack credits would be useful in this instance, but of course it turned out you’d have needed way more snack credits that DP would have offered you. But with 2 full meals a day on DP you probably wouldn’t have wanted as many snacks… It really messes with your head trying to work out what is for the best!

Your Yak & Yeti pictures are taunting me, we cancelled our ADR there and I was planning to have the burger, so it really doesn’t help that Marie loved it haha!

Every time we pass Daily Poutine OH says ‘ooo poutine!’ as if it’s the first time he’s seen it, I always plan we’ll get some but we never do. I’m sure he’d go for the original but I think I might go for one of the others.

How funny that neither of us ate in The Wave on the day we were supposed to be there! We probably ended up arriving at the park around the same time as we were at Early Morning Magic! I’m a big of a Be Our Guest critic, I do think breakfast is a bit pricey but when think it’s worth it if you’re doing a pre-park open one.

I really like your dinner in France, so simple and you can’t really beat crusty bread and butter – I think it was good value out of pocket and as 3 snacks.

The ‘To Go’ window seems really rubbish! What were the opening hours supposed to be?

I think with Coconut Shrimp that some places it’s better than others, whenever it’s really sweet I think ‘I don’t like this, I’m not getting it again’, but other places it can be delicious (Bubba Gumps, I’m thinking of you!).

We were at Yachtsman the night you were trying to get an ADR, it was busier than I’ve ever seen it. Le Cellier was one of the ADRs we didn’t make it too, and the one I’m most disappointed to have missed. My tummy is rumbling at your pictures!

The food at T-Rex looks really good!

Ample Hills was another place we never made it too (too lazy to walk over from Epcot in the heat) and I really regret that too, the Butter Pecan Brittle sounds gorgeous.

Thanks Lisa, I really enjoyed reading this, particularly your final thoughts. I was surprised to see that the Dining Plan would have saved you a tiny bit. I really like how liberated you seemed without it though.
You must just be back! How was your trip? I’m looking forward to reading your trip report!

I think second breakfast was because we were up so early! Had we been there 2 weeks we’d have started to get up later so probably not needed it.

I’m not sure of the opening hours of the To Go window but there were staff there, it just didn’t seem to be serving.

The whole DDP vs no DDP debate is so difficult because I think each makes you eat differently. On the whole we definitely prefer to have it.

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Oct 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Just caught up and read your whole report. What a lot of food, and what a shame about not having the appetite for your second trip to Yak and Yeti. I completely get the 'other stomach' thing for a sweet treat though

I love the food booths at the Epcot festivals, but don't think I could bring myself to pay oop for them. Definitely one for snack and qs credits.

Did you feel that you had more freedom just deciding as you went rather than making adrs 180 days in advance? I think I'd be more conscious of how much we ste and food prices if we were paying oop. I do like the freedom of not having to think about it, especially with 2 teenagers - it's great that they can eat as and when they want without having to worry about the bill

A great report though. Looking forward to doing my next one when we're back there next year - just over a year to go!
Thanks for reading!

I think we intentionally tried not to think about price but I was disappointed we’d spent as much as we did. We had $200 of gift cards so that really should be taken into account.

We didn’t really like the “freedom”! We work much better to a timetable and ended up eating places through tiredness rather than choice whereas with ADRs we’d have made the effort.
I’m looking forward to getting back to normal next year!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Oct 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Thanks for reading!

I think we intentionally tried not to think about price but I was disappointed we’d spent as much as we did. We had $200 of gift cards so that really should be taken into account.

We didn’t really like the “freedom”! We work much better to a timetable and ended up eating places through tiredness rather than choice whereas with ADRs we’d have made the effort.
I’m looking forward to getting back to normal next year!
Have you booked next year yet? I know OKW has limited availability and people are just jumping as they see it.

Looking forward to seeing what the new CBR is like and hoping the food offerings are better than last year. The menus look good for us, so hopefully the food will taste as good! Will be interesting to see the impact that the Riviera and Skyliner have on the resort too!

It could be our last trip for a few years as 2020 is my 20th wedding anniversary, so we're planning a special trip for just the 2 of us - either Boston and New England, or Hong Kong. Then we're planning Japan for 2021 for our son's 18th birthday (next year's trip is for our daughter's 18th), so we're looking at 2022 at the earliest which sounds ridiculous

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You must just be back! How was your trip? I’m looking forward to reading your trip report!

I think second breakfast was because we were up so early! Had we been there 2 weeks we’d have started to get up later so probably not needed it.

I’m not sure of the opening hours of the To Go window but there were staff there, it just didn’t seem to be serving.

The whole DDP vs no DDP debate is so difficult because I think each makes you eat differently. On the whole we definitely prefer to have it.
We got home yesterday We had a great time thank you, it definitely feels like a dream now, and I'm back to work tomorrow I'm about to start on your TR now I've finished your dining review, I can't believe how on the ball you are.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We got home yesterday We had a great time thank you, it definitely feels like a dream now, and I'm back to work tomorrow I'm about to start on your TR now I've finished your dining review, I can't believe how on the ball you are.
The dining report was easy but I’ve stalled a bit on the trip report. I’m night shift tonight 😭. So not sure when i’ll get to it.

Trip Report Index