Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Jan 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 10 ~ Leaning Palms, Happy Landings Ice Cream, Cinderella's Royal Table and Snacks for HEA ~ 6th November 2018

Today was Caitlin's birthday, I popped to reception at 8am to collect her birthday gifts and cake and walked back to the room. We snacked on some of the biscuits, sweets and cereal in the room for breakfast as we wanted to head off to Typhoon Lagoon for rope drop.

Caitlin's Birthday Cake

After reading reviews I wanted to have lunch at Typhoon Tilly's. When we walked past it was closed. I walked past a little later to see if it was maybe too early but it wasn't open at all, I'm guessing as it was out of season they didn't open. The only lunch place open was Leaning Palms so we headed there.

Leaning Palms

Caitlin and I went to order whilst the boys found a table, we spent a while deciding what we wanted here.

Me:

Cheese Burger - served with fries -

I wasn't sure on the price of this as it's not on the menu but they said they could just do a cheeseburger. I assume a similar price to the pork burger. This was nice enough, pretty standard QS food really.

Chris:

Barbecued Pork Sandwich -served with Apple Slices or French Fries - $9.99

Chris really enjoyed this, he loves pulled pork and he said it was filling, which is a rarity from the un-fillable dustbin!

Caitlin:

Hot Dog -with
a choice of Apple Slices or House-made Chips - $7.49

Caitlin had brought some cheetos from the room so opted to have these instead. We opted for fries with this and the boys shared them with their meal. Caitlin enjoyed this but again it's a pretty plain meal and bog standard QS food.

Thomas and Noah:

Chicken Nuggets - (8 pieces) with Apple Slices or French Fries - $9.49

The boys enjoyed these, although Noah was becoming fed up of nuggets and only ate half a one, but he ate most of the fries.

We got 2 diet coke, 1 sprites and 1 bottle of water with these meals.

This was 4 QS credit

This filled a little hole and we were very behind on the snack credits so we headed to get some ice cream. We went to:

Happy Landings Ice Cream

Caitlin isn't a huge fan of ice cream so she opted to not have any. The boys got a waffle cone each, one with chocolate and one with vanilla.

Had I realised how big the ice cream sundaes were Chris and I would have shared, we should have learnt by now but nope we ordered one each!

Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae - Vanilla Ice Cream with Hot Fudge, Chocolate Sprinkles, Whipped Cream and a Cherry served over a Brownie - $5.59

Now according to Touring Plans, this isn't a snack credit. I'm not sure if it's changed since we were there as we were able to use a snack credit for each of these. They were lovely and helped us cool down a bit too. It was a nice treat after lunch and some 'proper ice cream'.

We used 4 SNACK credits.

Cinderella's Royal Table

As it was Caitlin's birthday we'd let her choose where to eat, she either wanted to eat at Be Our Guest or Cinderella's Royal Table. When BoG changed to the pre-fixe menu she changed her mind and opted for Cinderella's Royal Table. Our reservation was 6pm and we arrived at 6.05pm after our Tinkerbelle FP taking longer than we expected

The kid's had their photos taken and a chat with Cinderella before we headed up to be seated around 6.25pm. Now this restaurant is beautiful and the theme is done so well. The atmosphere was really good too. We met Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel and Jasmine. I managed to take photos of the menu's here.

This meal included, starter, entree and dessert.

Chris and I opted for alcoholic drinks and the server also offered us soft drinks.

Chris:

Bellini with Canella Prosecco and Peach Juice - $9

Me:

Mimosa with Paul Cheneau Lady of Spain Cava and Orange Juice - $10

Starters

Me:

Characturie Plate - A Selection of Cured Meats, Cheese, and other specialty selections of the Castle

I'm not entirely sure why I opted for this as I don't like half the things on it In hindsight I wish I'd ordered the Castle Salad. I did try everything on there but they just weren't to my tastes sadly.

Chris:

Soup of the Day - sadly I haven't noted what the soup was but Chris enjoyed it although he did say the portion was too much as it was quite rich. I think it may have been Oxtail as that rings a bell

Kid's:

Cheese and Grapes

Thomas and Noah ate the cheese, Caitlin and Noah ate the grapes between them all

Entrees

Chris:

- Pan-seared all-Natural Chicken - Seared Chicken Breast over Smashed Fingerling Potatoes with Seasonal Vegetables in Madeira-Mushroom Sauce

Chris really enjoyed this, apart from the sprouts, he said it was lovely and would have it again.

Me:

Beef and Shrimp - Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Sautéed Shrimp in a Shallot-Butter Sauce, and Potatoes Au Gratin with Braised Rapini

I remember swapping the sides for something else ... but honestly can't remember what I think I swapped for the rainbow carrots and mash. I don't like shrimp so Chris ate mine and said it was nice. I didn't rate my steak much, I've got in my notes that it was rather fatty which I'm surprised at considering this is a signature restaurant. I know you pay the premium for the characters but I still expected the steak to be better to be honest! Everything else was lovely and I still enjoyed the experience.

Caitlin:

Steak and plain pasta

Caitlin basically built her own meal of steak and plain pasta. She really enjoyed this and ate the lot.

Thomas:

Chicken Nuggets - served with Mashed Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables and choice of one (1) Beverage and one (1) Dessert

The veg was corn which Thomas doesn't like so he left. It had been a pain trying to sort credits throughout the holiday as Thomas was down as an adult even though he should have been a child so most times the servers were bringing out an adult portion of the kids menu ... this was no exception poor Thomas's face at the size of the portion, I told him he wasn't expected to eat it all and his face relaxed poor kid haha.

I must admit he did really well I think he managed just over half of the nuggets, Chris, Caitlin and I dug into the remainders.

Noah:

Plain pasta

Noah's amazing 2 credit meal as I said earlier he was fed up of the nuggets now so opted for plain pasta with some ketchup. He didn't manage much of this as the atmosphere was affecting him a lot.

Desserts

We were all rather full and wanted to get moving for a space for HEA so we opted to have our desserts to go. The server offered to bring a small cake out and sing happy birthday to Caitlin but she didn't want to so the server placed some cupcakes in a box to takeaway instead.

I opted for:

The Clock Strikes Twelves- Dark Chocolate Mousse with a Dark Chocolate Ganache served with a Raspberry Coulis

I ate this when we got back to the room on the evening and it was really nice. I thought it would be really sickly but it wasn't just the right amount of chocolate and the raspberry really helped to cut it up a bit.

Overall the meal was enjoyable, the atmosphere was great and the staff were fab at catering to our fussy tastes. I'm not sure we'd visit here again as it was very pricey had we not had the DDP. If we ever stayed on property we may come again as the kid's really enjoyed it. Tip is also include in this which is great as I'd have begrudged paying $62 on a tip!

This was 10 TS credits

We headed for a spot for HEA and this is when I decided we needed to hammer these snack credits. Caitlin and I popped to the nearest snack cart and got snacks for us all. We got 4 drinks, 4 popcorn and 4 candy floss. I haven't got pictures of these for some reason but it is your general stuff anyway. We ended up giving 2 girls near us 2 of the candy floss which they were very grateful for ... had the kid's not dug into all the popcorns I'd have passed some of those over too To be fair we did manage almost all of the popcorn and all of the drinks by the end of HEA.

This was 12 SNACK credits

So we have 4 days to get through 15 TS credits, 26 QS credits and a whopping 78 SNACK credits!

Snacks: 16 USED – 78 LEFT
QS Credits:4 USED- 26 LEFT
TS Credits: 10 USED - 15 LEFT

Edited at 05:04 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just realised I wrote the wrong review for Chefs De France when I was talking to Chris I've just updated it haha xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have just discovered your food report and am currently sitting here drooling and making myself go to the bakers over the road to get some fresh bread now as im so hungry now lol.

The double garlic burger at S&S is amazing isn't it! I had the same in August, I could have eaten 2 of them, can't wait to go back this year! It's such good value for money there, but the one we went to had really slow service aswell!

You've given me food for thought (literally!) for our October trip, especially on the snacks, we're not on the DDP as only onsite & at Disney for 3 days but will be paying OOP for or food so it's great to see some options!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Have just discovered your food report and am currently sitting here drooling and making myself go to the bakers over the road to get some fresh bread now as im so hungry now lol.

The double garlic burger at S&S is amazing isn't it! I had the same in August, I could have eaten 2 of them, can't wait to go back this year! It's such good value for money there, but the one we went to had really slow service aswell!

You've given me food for thought (literally!) for our October trip, especially on the snacks, we're not on the DDP as only onsite & at Disney for 3 days but will be paying OOP for or food so it's great to see some options!
I LOVE reading over food reports, they make me feel the same I hope you enjoyed the bread!

Oh it is isn't it! I'm so glad someone else has tried it. I've told hubby I'm definitely going to have my fill of them on the next trip, especially as the drive thru is open 24 hours! Might possibly have been the same restaurant! I think ours was near Vineland Outlets.

There's definitely so many different snacks options, I just wish we'd got to try more.

Thank you for reading xx
Old 5 Jan 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Great report, really enjoying reading along. Also picking up tips as my kids are also very fussy and it does sometimes restrict where we choose to eat.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Food at Cindy's looks improved from when we last went and some nice photos. Thankfully no need to go back though now we have a teenager
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
Great report, really enjoying reading along. Also picking up tips as my kids are also very fussy and it does sometimes restrict where we choose to eat.
Thank you for reading along. It's such a pain having fussy kids isn't it? I felt we planned a lot of restaurants around what the kid's would eat and I kind of wish we hadn't so we could have tried more ourselves. Disney are very accommodating though which is a plus x

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Food at Cindy's looks improved from when we last went and some nice photos. Thankfully no need to go back though now we have a teenager
It was nice, just a shame about the steak. I enjoyed the steak in Chefs De France more and that's only a 1 credit meal! I think Caitlin would probably want to go next time purely due to the attention she got (will detail it in the trippie, but we shall see! Xx
Old 5 Jan 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Another great update Kelly. I've just caught up on your last couple of days.

I didn't realise you'd been to chef de France, so you would recommend it then but at an earlier time maybe?

Were those spring rolls the cheese burger ones? I didn't get to try them when we went, shame you didn't like them.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Another great update Kelly. I've just caught up on your last couple of days.

I didn't realise you'd been to chef de France, so you would recommend it then but at an earlier time maybe?

Were those spring rolls the cheese burger ones? I didn't get to try them when we went, shame you didn't like them.

Kat
Thanks Kat.

We would go again but definitely an earlier time. Everyone was just so tired but I had tried several times to try and get it earlier but I never managed to get one.

Yes they were, they also had Mac n Cheese ones on the sign but the CM said they only had the cheeseburger ones ready so we got 2 of those. I think they're definitely more hyped up. The filling was nice, just the whole roll tasted very greasy and left a coating in your mouth xx
Old 6 Jan 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 11~Port Orleans Food Court, Woody's Lunch Box, Mama Melrose, Snacks for Fantasmic~7th November

Day 11 ~ Port Orleans Food Court, Woody's Lunch Box, Mama Melrose, Snacks for Fantasmic ~ 7th November 2018

We had a leisurely morning getting ready and ate some of Caitlin's birthday cake and headed to the food court at Port Orleans for breakfast. We took the left over cake to reception and told the CM the staff could help themselves to it as we couldn't fit it in our fridge. This was actually really nice and so much better than the cakes we'd had so far in Disney, it was very moist and tasty. I think it was from the Publix Bakery.

Port Orleans Food Court

Chris was dithering over what to order as usual ... this boy just can't make a decision!

Me:

Mickey-shaped Waffle -with Fruit Topping, Bacon, and Sausage - $8.79

I really enjoyed this, I knew we were nearing the end of the holiday and I wanted to get my fill of Mickey Waffles I got bacon with mine and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I was sad it would be my last breakfast

Chris:

Bounty Platter - served with small Mickey-shaped Waffle or Pancakes - $10.69

As usual Chris enjoyed this but he opted for pancakes instead of a mickey waffle.

Caitlin:

Mickey-shaped Waffle -with Fruit Topping, Bacon, and Sausage - $8.79

Caitlin chose this, then once we sat down complained as she was sick of waffles and wanted pancakes ... so why not order pancakes?

Thomas and Noah:

Pancakes - served with Fruit Topping, Bacon and Sausage - $8.79

Both the boys enjoyed these, even though we waited forever for Thomas to finish his ... I swear if he ate any slower he'd not be eating!

We all got drinks with these meals and put the remainders in our bag to take to HS.

This was 5 QS credit

I grabbed 2 bottles of pop on the way to the little mermaid.

This was 2 SNACK credits.

Woody's Lunchbox

Whilst in the queue for Woody and Jessie the kid's were a little peckish and I wanted a break from the kid's carrying on so I offered to go to Woody's Lunchbox ... mainly for a break

I came back with:

"Totchos" - Potato Barrels coated with Beef and Bean Chili, Shredded Cheese and signature Queso with Tomatoes and Corn Chips finished with Sour Cream and a sprinkle of Green Onions -$8.99

Mystic Portal Punch- POWERade® Mountain Berry Blast with flavors of Lemon-Lime and Tangerine - $4.49

Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart - Chocolate-Hazelnut stuffed Pastry coated in Maple Fondant and Candied Bacon - $3.29

For some reason I don't have a photo of this. I opted for the 'Totcho's' without chilli as I knew the kid's wouldn't eat them ... heck it was hard enough to get them to eat it with the sour cream and spring onions on! We really enjoyed these, the potato barrels were crispy and hot, it really helped fill a little hole.

I got the drink as just something for to refresh us, I didn't expect to like it, but we all loved it, I wished we'd got more ... not that I could carry more, I struggled with what I had in the first place

The tart was a bit of a waste as it got put on the pushchair whilst we ate the Totchos then we seen Jessie and Woody and went for lunch. I noticed it later in the evening and had a little nibble but it didn't taste right cold so I threw it away. I'd love to try it again next time properly.

This was 1 QS and 1 SNACK credit.

Mama Melrose - Fantasmic Package

I mainly booked this for the Fantasmic tickets but we all like Italian so we were looking forward to it. Our ADR was 2.05pm, the queue for Woody and Jessie had taken a lot longer than we expected and it was 2.20pm by the time we made it to MM. We were seated in around 10 minutes. The restaurant appeared rather busy.

Whilst in reception a foreign gentleman was arguing with the CM. The CM had explained that you needed ot book in advance for a table and that they didn't have any available at all ... the man couldn't seem to grasp it and kept bringing his family of around 10 into the reception area (which isn't the biggest reception!) I'm not sure what happened as we got taken to our table.

We had a lovely server, I think her name was Karen? She explained the dining package to us and that we got 3 courses with the DDP. She took our drinks order and left us to mull over the menu.

By this point in the holiday we were pretty fed up of food which I think ended up clouding our judgement of the meal. We decided we didn't want any appetisers and just ordered our main courses.

Whilst waiting for these we were brought some bread rolls and olive oil which were nice enough, we ended up keeping some aside for the boys as I expected them not to eat their meals

Chris, Caitlin and I:

Charred Strip Steak - Four-Cheese Macaroni with Pancetta, Aged Balsamic-Shallot Butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction - $33

Caitlin had hers with plain pasta. I really wanted to enjoy this meal but none of us enjoyed the steaks, every single one was very fatty, now I'm not sure if it's the cut of the steak or just us being fussy as we normally have filet at home, but we really didn't like it. I found the mac n cheese very rich and a little too powerful. I felt it had a strong taste of Parmesan cheese, it overwhelmed it.

Thomas:

Margherita Flatbread - Fresh Vine-ripened Tomatoes, Mozzarella, House-made Marinara Sauce, Fresh Basil, and drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil- $15

As Thomas was using an adult credit meal he got an adult pizza. I think he managed about 1/3 of it which is good considering! Chris Caitlin and I dug into the rest of it It was nice although I found it had too much tomato but I'm not a fan of tomato sauces. Everyone else enjoyed it so probably just me!

Noah:

Noah opted for his usual plain pasta and ate about half of it.

Next up was desserts.

Chris and I got:

Dessert Sampler - Miniature versions of Mama’s favorite Desserts Valencia Blood Orange Cake, Lemon Cheesecake topped with Passion Fruit Pearls, and Tiramisù - $6.50

Thomas and Noah just got a bowl of apples each which they both really enjoyed, never seen them enjoy an apple so much before

No one ate the tiramisus as neither of us like coffee Chris ate both the cheesecakes and I ate one of the blood orange cakes. These weren't anything special but there was nothing wrong with them. Chris didn't like the passionfruit balls on top of the cheesecake so Caitlin and I ate them

I don't think we would return here. I really wanted to enjoy it as I loved the menu but I think the heat and too much food have clouded our judgement. We may try it again in future but it's not a definite for us.

This was 5 TS credits.

Whilst Noah, Caitlin and I were in the Beauty and The Beast show Chris got 2 drinks.

This was 2 SNACK credits.

When we left ToT I grabbed 3 bags of goofy candy for Fantasmic ... which incidentally got left in the stroller

This was 1 QS credit.

Just before Fantasmic Chris went and got us some snacks when the boys and I were on ToT. When we got back he had a diet coke, sprite, 2 popcorn and 1 speciality popcorn (which had M&M's caramel and something else in). Sadly we didn't get photo's of these. We really didn't like the specialty popcorn. I didn't realise until reading Collybirds report that there is a snack area inside Fantasmic AND it serves NACHOS! I'm gutted as we all love nachos and we would have sunk a few more credits At least we know for next time

This was 5 SNACK credits.

We were certainly getting through those snacks now but there was no way we'd finishing them in 2 1/2 days ... or would there? Tomorrow is Epcot and eating round the world ...

It says 9 credits left but it didn't include the kid's TS credits only the adults.

Snacks: 10 USED – 68 LEFT
QS Credits:6 USED- 20 LEFT
TS Credits: 5 USED - 10 LEFT

Edited at 01:06 PM.