Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Jan 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

The ‘hornetgirl made me do it’ food report November 2018

Ok kids I’m not going to lie. I’ve got lots of photos and absolutely NO notes whatsoever so this is going to be rough 😂 but Lucy persuaded me so here I am.

A brief kind of intro. This trip was hubby and I and my parents . I am pescatarian and my mum doesn’t eat any garlic at all as it makes her ill. Hubby loves a good steak but doesn’t really do desserts, dad and I haven’t met a dessert we don’t like and mom is type 2 diabetes.

This is going to be mostly photos and a few comments and recommendations, oh and I love a cocktail so there’ll be a few of those too 😁

Edited to add we were onsite at OKW for 2 weeks with the full dining plan

Edited at 06:43 PM.
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 1 - pre travel day

We stayed overnight at the premier inn heald green before our flight from Manchester airport and apparently I had a photo fail evening! We ate at the adjoining pub on the meal deal

Ok so I am pretty sure this is calamari to start, thatchers cider to drink and tuna steak which was too well done for my liking but edible. The calamari was good but not amazing and I am positive I had dessert, but don’t seem to have a photo, and haven’t taken photos of anybody else’s food from tonight 🙈 I promise it does get better lol. Food at the premier inn isn’t ever going to be amazing but it’s a reasonable deal for the cost and it filled a hole

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 2 - travel day

We were flying economy with virgin Atlantic, I’m not really too bothered about flights it’s just a means to an end.

I’d ordered vegetarian meal which had somehow been switched to vegan and it was pretty much inedible. We had the usual snack first, a twister lolly after (love those) and it looks like I had a cheeky rum and coke. I’ve also got zero photos of dinner which due to time of arrival and harassment was take out from goods to go at OkW we were really lucky and had a room literally 2 mins from HH. Mum and I had salads, shrimp Caesar for me, cobb for mum, dad had a burger and hubby a hot dog they were all edible and we all had strawberry daiquiris, no photos of them either

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 3 - magic kingdom,shopping and Disney springs for dinner

So first full day and I knew we’d be up early so we had an 8.20 reservation (earliest I could get) at be our guest for breakfast. I wouldn’t want to pay oop for this but think it’s a fabulous QS credit, especially as we’d ridden 7 dwarves 3 times before the park opened and Peter Pan by 9.15. Food was pretty good. Dad and hubby had the standard breakfast, mom the open faced egg and I think ham? Sandwich. I had the Cronut which was amazing but soooo sweet, even for me and my super sweet tooth 😂 we all had coffee/juice to drink and shared the pastries which I apparently didn’t photograph either 🙄 they were pretty standard to be fair

We then met up with the lovely Jez, Maria and the boys and rode some rides together, it was lovely to see them 😁

Lunch was a first day magic kingdom tradition, ice creams from Main Street plaza ice cream plaza! Hubby shirked tradition and had a mickey bar tho

We then left and went to collect our car and headed to Walmart for some supplies! Headed back and unpacked the car then we headed to springs for dinner. This was a huge mistake! It was absolutely Heaving! I think that and the stress of agreeing a dinner location is why I have no photos 🙈 we ate at D-luxe burger. I had the veggie burger which was great. I know mom had the chicken burger and enjoyed it and the boys had versions of ‘normal’ burgers, hubby may have had the special as I think it had sausage on it. I had a local beer which was delightful, mom and hubby had soda and dad had a special shake which he said was awesome. Sorry about the lack of photos 🤣

We must have headed back straight after because I do have this photo in the villa 😉

Old 12 Jan 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great start. Thanks for posting. I'm wondering to myself why I have never had an ice cream cookie sandwich.
Old 12 Jan 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Haha, not sure why I'm getting the blame, it needed to be done
Love a Bud Light Lime

Looking forward to the next instalment
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That's tough having to remember back to 2017, I'm intrigued to see what you can remember. The photos will bring it all back I'm sure!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great start. Thanks for posting. I'm wondering to myself why I have never had an ice cream cookie sandwich.
You need to remedy that 😁

Old 12 Jan 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's tough having to remember back to 2017, I'm intrigued to see what you can remember. The photos will bring it all back I'm sure!
2018 😂😂 I’ll amend the title lol

Old 12 Jan 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
2018 😂😂 I’ll amend the title lol
ha ha! I'm still looking forward to it!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List