Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Jan 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Tavira / cabanas. Restaurant suggestions please.

Off to Cabanas de Tavira in the summer. Was originally booked for Tavira but size of party has increased to 6/7 so had to shift to Cabanas area to get big enough apartment.

I am now thinking about restaurants. I worry that lots of the restaurants won't be able to cater for this size party.

Any recommendations for places to go that are good and might be able to seat us?

It will be August - so high season. Will I need to pre-book every night?

Happy to eat in Cabanas or Tavira or surrounding area, but unlikely to have car for duration.

Any suggestions ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Bumpity bump
Old 31 Jan 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Bumping again.

Sad and lonely on my thread 😭
Old 31 Jan 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

I don’t want you to be sad and lonely! However I’m very sorry but I haven’t got a clue, I’ve never stayed there.
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Yay. A friend! You are most kind. I don't care if you don't have a clue - welcome!

I realise it is a pretty niche question. I have faith in Dibbers though, I know that somebody somewhere will have the answer for me.

I will persevere. 😁
Old 31 Jan 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

Yep I agree, somebody will have been there and will know. It’s horrible when nobody replies to your thread for a while isn’t it? I’m sure you’ll have your answer soon 😊
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I haven't been to Tavira but I am sure there will be loads of restaurants inc ones that can take 6/7. That isn't that many people and let's face it they all go out and eat as families out there so that number would be no problem to them. Also it's not as touristy as other areas so I doubt it'll be as busy. If they can't accommodate you there and then have a drink and wait a while or go earlier than you had hoped to be seated by so by the time you are at the table would be the time you'd hoped for anyway ( referring to whether children in the party... we can still set the time with our DS even at 17 as he starts to get very hangry ! )
Old 31 Jan 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t visited Tavira but we stayed in nearby Monte Gordo, and used a shared shuttle which dropped off in Tavira. It looked very pretty and I definitely saw restaurants (not a great help I know, sorry 😀 ) Have you looked at Tripadviser for restaurant reviews? Especially look at people’s photos of the restaurants to give you an idea of the size of the tables (as well as the food).

If you get a chance, Monte Gordo is a beautiful place to visit with a lovely long beach, nice town to look around and restaurants and bars.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I haven't been to Tavira but I am sure there will be loads of restaurants inc ones that can take 6/7. That isn't that many people and let's face it they all go out and eat as families out there so that number would be no problem to them. Also it's not as touristy as other areas so I doubt it'll be as busy. If they can't accommodate you there and then have a drink and wait a while or go earlier than you had hoped to be seated by so by the time you are at the table would be the time you'd hoped for anyway ( referring to whether children in the party... we can still set the time with our DS even at 17 as he starts to get very hangry ! )
Haha... Hangry! Will be travelling with 5 young people. Will have layer upon layer of pontential hangriness. Going out relatively early is a good shout.
Old 31 Jan 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I haven’t visited Tavira but we stayed in nearby Monte Gordo, and used a shared shuttle which dropped off in Tavira. It looked very pretty and I definitely saw restaurants (not a great help I know, sorry 😀 ) Have you looked at Tripadviser for restaurant reviews? Especially look at people’s photos of the restaurants to give you an idea of the size of the tables (as well as the food).

If you get a chance, Monte Gordo is a beautiful place to visit with a lovely long beach, nice town to look around and restaurants and bars.
Thank you for this. I have looked at trip advisor and a lot of reviews say restaurant small, but looking at the pictures is clever thinking. I will go and have another look.

Will also check out Monte Gordo, had not thought of heading there for dinner. Won't have car but there may be a shuttle going that way.