Notices

View Poll Results: Frequent or luxurious?
I can afford it so I go often and luxurious both 70 16.71%
I can't afford both so I prefer to go more often on a budget 213 50.84%
I can't afford both so I prefer to go less often and have luxury 136 32.46%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Apr 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Trust me they are not a pretty sight! I’m not modelling them either! 😱 I get all my undies from Florida! Linda is a star for stocking me up when she goes and I don’t!
I’m sure you pics are safe with Linda!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Long trousers in the restaurant for dinner!
Your inbox is full Sue!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I’m sure you pics are safe with Linda!
Colette you obviously don’t know me very well ! The pic is on PhotoBucket and on a memory stick in my safe. 😂👙
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

FlorayG, Apologies for hijacking this thread for our “private” chat.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Colette you obviously don’t know me very well ! The pic is on PhotoBucket and on a memory stick in my safe. 😂👙
We will remember that if anything ever happens to you Linda 😉
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

We used to do budget but now prefer luxury. At nearly 70 and physically not so able as younger days, the aches and pains abound if not pampered . So now we do luxury even though it means we do not go as often. We also go for longer so can pace ourselves better.
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
definitely prefer a bit of luxury here.

We asked our DD (17) whether she would prefer to go to Orlando every year flying economy and having standard accommodation or every 2 or 3 years flying premium economy and staying in a luxury villa or luxury hotel - she chose the luxury option. That has actually caused DH and I to worry as we've booked a surprise trip to New York for the summer (after her A Levels) but we're flying economy!
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

if as above a holiday every 3 years or once a year then its frequent all the way

think I would go nuts waiting 3 years for a decent break and life is too short imo
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

I would much rather visit more often say every year or other year than saving up for a luxury holiday every 3-5 years. I feel there are plenty of ways to make trips more cost effective.
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

This question made me think about what we prefer. We are DVC but bought when it was 2$ to the £ so didn't class it as expensive or a luxury at the time but as a way to visit Florida every year for what was, at the time a cheaper option than a package holiday to Disney believe it or not. Flights cost nothing. Annual dues were ridiculously
low and DDP didn't exist so it was a cost effective way to visit regardless of the type of resort we own at. Now it is absolutely a luxury as dues have more than doubled, flights in school holidays can be a nightmare and Disney as we all know can be expensive. We never go every year as find we enjoy it more after a year or 2,s gap. We prefer this and go elsewhere or do a cruise in between. I think our luxury has been cruising with Disney to amazing places rather than say flying premium or stopping in expensive hotels when elsewhere. You could argue that managing any Disney holiday regularly is a luxury I suppose. My son has friends who have never been on holiday, rarely leave the village except for college and couldn't go to their prom as they couldn't afford suitable clothing. When you think about that then flying to Florida in economy with 2 stops on the worst airline in the world could been seen as luxury to some people 🙂. We class ourselves a fortunate as I'm sure you all do but we work hard and save on other things to do a great Disney trip. Long may we all manage it.
Sorry to get so deep and meaningful on a Saturday afternoon 😬 This was a great question.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List