Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Mar 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Solo at DLP March 2019 - Day 2 Part 2

Day 2 Part 1 can be found here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1121579

Day 2 Part 2

I walked back the hotel via the village and got talking to a lovely lady outside the hotel who asked if I was on my own as she’d left her family in the parks. I told her I was on my own and we got chatting. She invited me to lunch at the captains quarters and I explained I’d already eaten but I’d be happy to have a cocktail. I had a Grand Fizz; lemon grey goose vodka and some other things

We chatted for an hour or so and it was so nice to meet someone new who thought I was very brave for coming to DLP solo. She commented how she was leaving today but wish she’d met me earlier as she’d love to have got dinner together. Such a lovely experience and it felt like my check in cast members theory of ‘you’ll never be alone or lonely..’ was coming true.

We said out goodbyes and I went to my room to grab my swim stuff. I really wanted to try out the indoor pool and once I had my things I headed down there. I didn’t realise it has a jacuzzi so I went in there for 20 minutes, then enjoyed the steam room and then took a swim to cool off.

(Google pic... I didn’t want to risk taking my camera or phone in there )

Once I was done I headed to my room for a little nap, wanting to be up at 6 so I could get over to the village for dinner before heading back to the park to finish off exploring fantasyland and such.

It was a lovely little sleep but I was woken early by someone doing a ‘security check.’ I had heard of this happening in WDW but didn’t realise it had reached DLP. It was annoying to be woke up but a good job really as it was 6.30. I got ready and was walking into the parks around 7.15pm.

I was slightly peckish and went to Casey’s. It was off plan but I really fancied a hot dog. By the time I had been served it was around 7:30pm and I walked out in the a bustling Main Street. However by some luck of the gods there was a lovely table free slightly of centre of the castle, right outside Casey’s. It was perfect. I got my sharpest elbows out and got over there quick - I didn’t use the elbows, after all I am British

It doesn’t look appetitising but for a quick bite to eat it was most welcome.

Unfortunately I have no pictures of the illuminations as I promised I would FaceTime home and share them so that’s what I did. I love love love illuminations and thought it was so beautifully done. I completely welled up when ‘a dream is a wish your heart makes..’ started. A couple of years ago in 2016 was my last Orlando trip and I had some health complications including being placed in a medically induced coma. After that I never thought I’d make it back to travelling, let alone travelling solo but I wished and hoped so much for it. Tonight in the middle of Main Street, the castle in front of me, I realised how far I’d come and was completely overwhelmed with emotion.

I left the park via the gift shops and treated myself to an Eiffel Tower Minnie pandora charm. It’s a DLP exclusive apparently so it felt fitting to get it to remember my trip by.

Apologies for my stock pic but snapping charms in the light of my hotel room is a nightmare.

Thanks for reading

Edited at 12:14 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Lovely report - I have the same charm from my last trip - be warned, Minnie likes to hook herself up onto anything available - jumpers, other bracelets - she’s not fussy 😂

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

The pool and jacuzzi is definitely tempting me to stay at Newport Bay next year.

The cocktail looks delicious too, did you get the olives/nuts with the cocktail or were they extra?

It is nice sometimes to just appreciate our health and good fortune. I often feel this when watching the fireworks at WDW too, there’s something magical about them that make me very emotional 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Lovely report - I have the same charm from my last trip - be warned, Minnie likes to hook herself up onto anything available - jumpers, other bracelets - she’s not fussy 😂

Oh merde! I had to take a snowflake charm off my bracelet for that reason. It too was a serial hooker upper... I’ll have to keep an eye on her😂
Old 29 Mar 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The pool and jacuzzi is definitely tempting me to stay at Newport Bay next year.

The cocktail looks delicious too, did you get the olives/nuts with the cocktail or were they extra?

It is nice sometimes to just appreciate our health and good fortune. I often feel this when watching the fireworks at WDW too, there’s something magical about them that make me very emotional 😀
I completely agree! Disney fireworks always have me in a complete mess.

The olives and nuts just came with the drink. I saw he was giving them to everyone who ordered a drink and I didn’t have to ask or anything
Old 29 Mar 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another lovely day. How wonderful that you met someone new, what a lovely experience!

I love that charm! I so wish i'd bought it while we were there!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Another lovely day. How wonderful that you met someone new, what a lovely experience!

I love that charm! I so wish i'd bought it while we were there!
She was so lovely and it’s amazing how you get talking to people. We swapped Instagram details as she has family in Liverpool and she said it would be nice to meet for a drink

I loooooove the charm but Melanie was right. Minnie is a hooker... I just got her attached to my chest trying to get my bra off
Old 29 Mar 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
She was so lovely and it’s amazing how you get talking to people. We swapped Instagram details as she has family in Liverpool and she said it would be nice to meet for a drink

I loooooove the charm but Melanie was right. Minnie is a hooker... I just got her attached to my chest trying to get my bra off
Aww no! Naughty Minnie
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What a lovely afternoon and evening and how nice to get chatting to someone over a cocktail!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What a lovely afternoon and evening and how nice to get chatting to someone over a cocktail!
Yes, it was a lovely way to spend a couple of hours