Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Apr 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 - Day 16 - When a Blizzard Beach idea goes wrong!

Welcome back, you made it - I hoped you would

Strange day today and possibly a lesson in being more planned than you ever thought you had been in the past

If you missed Day 15 it is just a click here away

If you are reading for the first time - hope you can join us from the beginning and the whole index is here.

As requested - here is the link to everything that has been typed in previous trips and some photos that show the boys growing older in the blink of an eye - just click here to read, see and get some handy tips from things we have experienced in the past

Welcome to Day 16

Friday 10th August 2018

Now, when your notes for an entire day run to 15 words it is time to worry!
Shoddy, I hear you cry! Shocking I hear myself thinking!
How did that happen? I ask trying to write a trip report day that now is over 1000 words long! Phew!

Well thankfully it was a day when you remember everything that happened with great clarity as I am still kicking myself for not checking the weather!

When heading for a water park all usual note making means hit the deck.

The normal camera stays in the Villa, no phones for obvious reasons and suddenly your morning is unrecorded.

The underwater camera proved of no use with quality photos like these and those that followed after too

We headed to Blizzard Beach with the intention of a great day in the sun and on the slides, on opening we were pleasantly surprised by the lack of a queue and headed in, paid for a locker and then found the chairlift was not in operation, “due to the breeze” – had they something similar in Scarborough, it would never operate due to that little sea breeze that you get on the East Coast - this was not even a whisper of wind in our experience!

We had simply followed our instinct this morning, and as a result made an error we probably would have been all over in the past.

Sunny morning with cloud, yet a quiet water park?

We never bothered looking at the weather forecast!

We rode loads of the rides and were totally aware that everywhere we looked there were no photopass photographers anywhere, always a bad sign.

And as we stood in the queue for Summit Plummet, having walked up that flippin’ hill once again we were met with the news that there was a storm incoming and the rides were closing.

We had been in the park for less than two hours and having taken advice from CM’s it looked as if it was going to be a long afternoon.

We decided to cut our losses and got changed and then made for the exit, not before a quick check of Disney protocol and having paid for a locker just a matter of 120 minutes ago, I felt the question was worth asking about my $15 locker rental.

They were very quick to respond and refunded without hesitation – which was impressive , especially as if we would have to pay for parking if we headed into a park instead.

It was just midday, when we exited and could feel the clouds gathering and the atmosphere closing in too.

Still kicking ourselves from such a basic start of day error, it perhaps showed what happens when you freestyle totally offplan! It did also show that any waterpark will be quiet if you are prepared to go hell for leather at as many rides as possible as soon as possible.

We returned the villa for a shower, a freshen up and change of clothing – we had only our swimming gear with us , all in the hope of a full water park day – our tails very firmly between our legs.

In order to muster the mood and need of everyone, food was the answer!

We hit IHoP on the 27 for some food at a time that would mess up the evening food option for us! We were hungry after climbing all those steps at Blizzard Beach though.

Great service and we enjoyed our meals, there was nothing left at the end.

Bill paid and time moving on, we were also aware which direction the weather was going, having missed the Blizzard Beach storm we were in ‘The zone’ it becomes so localised and this weather front had taken a long time to move from BB towards the US27. We headed to Walmart for shelter and just a mooch around.

That mooch around ended up costing $146.49!
With Advil ( for Grandad) , a swing trainer (Josh golf thing) and loads more included.

What you don’t spend on a Disney day you find a way to spend at Walmart!

Looking at the receipt shows just how it all adds up, it is all those little things, I’m sure!

We headed up the US27 to JC Penney after my sneaky shirt purchase a few days ago, but nobody found anything.

By this time the weather was clearing and my ‘secret‘ little back road to the villa from Posner Park made me seem like a local – no queue on the I4 for us! This is a really good route that exits Posner Park in the totally opposite end of the car park from the 27. Nearly two miles longer but we kept moving at a good pace from car park to the villa, around 15+ minutes saved given the time of day, I think there was just one set of traffic lights too!

It meanders through a couple of local communities, with nothing but a few homes and a church. It led back to Lake Wilson Preserve on a route that the Sat Nav had no answer nor indeed route!

Pool time, Baseball on the TV and just having fun, until the discovery of Robin, he started as a Kermit until reminded just how small he was. Must have been a Muppet baby at the very least!

Indoor, minute frog and problem solving time to ensure safe release into the wild. Joe was brilliant and possibly the most keen to see it removed from outside his room, we think it came in with the swimming stuff left to dry outside, it certainly did not want to be in the air conditioning in the house. Glad we had the opportunity to set it free.

Tea / dinner involved beer, snacks and a couple of sandwiches, after IHoP we needed nothing more.

The sandwiches did not make the photos though!

The Boys had the same only without the beer option, they simply enjoyed more of the fizzy stuff that 0% sugar that seemed to be over loading the fridge in far too many flavours – time to move it across I think!

A great pool night and as the night wore on, work intervened and I was left as the sole awake person , trying to complete some work and trying to find a solution to something that I possibly needed an answer from the UK.

Sleep needed and lets see what tomorrow brings!

Day 17 is a click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 11:00 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That still sounds like a nice day despite hastily rearranged plans, at least you had a quiet park for the rides and your ihop lunch looks tasty!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame the weather thwarted your water park day

But you managed to fill your day

Joan
Old 13 Apr 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Shame your water day was sidelined but it’s amazing what can be achieved in a quiet park in a couple of hours 😉.

Always amazes me how a ‘quick’ food shop will often be more expensive than a ‘long’ outlet shop 😂

Looking forward to day 17

KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You made up for missing out on some slides at BB with that great lunch at IHOP. It all looked really tasty and allows for some shopping time too.

Great skills helping the frog outdoors. I think I'd be keen to help him get back out to his natural habitat if he was right outside my bedroom too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about the weather spoiling your plans it you still managed to have a good day though.
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I love the detail you go into ,makes us feel like we’re there . I got really excited when I saw the Walmart receipt and studied it that’s how sad I am

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
That still sounds like a nice day despite hastily rearranged plans, at least you had a quiet park for the rides and your ihop lunch looks tasty!
We managed to get loads done in the short time- however I’m still kicking myself and everyone else, why did we not even look at the weather forecast 😳😳
Basic mistake!
IHoP was great and the service was good there too👍
Appreciate your continued reading, thank you .

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Shame the weather thwarted your water park day

But you managed to fill your day

Joan
Thanks Joan
Important lesson - check the weather forecast! 😳
Thanks for your continued reading 😎👍

Old 22 Apr 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
I love the detail you go into ,makes us feel like we’re there . I got really excited when I saw the Walmart receipt and studied it that’s how sad I am
That Walmart receipt needs very careful viewing
How do you end up spending that much

glad you are enjoying the report and I really appreciate your comment about feeling as if you are there - makes all the time typing worthwhile and delighted that someone is reading all the detail - thank you

Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip with us