Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 5

Day 5

We all woke at 8am today, brilliant! We pottered around again, leaving at 9am after having some fruit for breakfast.

We drove to Hollywood Studios, paid the parking and walked to the entrance as we were pretty close. The park looked busy. We had a little wonder and then head toward the Frozen sing along. I was really looking forward to this but we had a bit of a rude CM tell us we couldn’t sit where another CM has sent us so I was in a bit of a mood by the time it started. We also thought the whole thing was a bit lacklustre until the end, they could really do with having Anna & Elsa throughout, instead of two random towns people leading the songs.

We head to Toy Story Land next for a look around, it was really busy but we managed to get a photopass before heading back out and over to the Baseline Tap House, one of our favourite spots form last year. I had a cider, Aaron a beer & we shared a pretzel.

We wondered towards the Muppets area next and watched the show for the first time in years, It was better than I remembered and the aircon was very welcome. We grabbed some photos on our wonder round.

Back to Toy Story Land now as our Toy Story mania FP window was about to close, we made it in time and as usual really enjoyed the ride. I won, but only because Aaron had Edith on his lap.

We walked to the new Incredible’s area next, there was supposedly a dance party about to start so we waited but it wasn’t like the AK one. It was weird games like the limbo ect so we just stood back & watched.

Edith was asleep now so we took the opportunity to visit one of the DVC booths. We had already discussed taking the tour for the $50 voucher & 6 fastpasses so we went to see what it was all about. Before long, we were booked in for a visit to Wilderness Lodge and agreed on a time to be picked up near Fairfax Fair. While we waited, we wondered the shops & had a seat on one of the benches near the entrance to let Edith sleep.

We head back to the booth & once our van was ready, we were taken backstage which was exciting; we got to walk around the back of Terror Towers which was VERY exciting! We were popped into a van (they had an immaculate, very posh car seat for Edith) and we were soon on our way to WL.

Once there, we were soon taken into a DVC office and given the information by way of a short video & then a 45 minute talk. We knew we wouldn’t commit to buying in, we don’t know if we will still be Disney fans in 10/20 years as we get older and to be honest it just isn’t for us but I would 100% take the tour again for the perks!

We were popped in another van back to HS. We got chatting to the driver and in one of those ‘small world’ moments, we realised that I knew his daughter in law! So surreal, he was telling us that she was British & that she had come over on the college program & stayed to marry his son. He also mentioned she was from Stratford. Now, we are about 10 minutes from Stratford & I know a girl that stayed over here after doing the college program, I asked her name & of course it was the same girl. I don’t think he believed me at first until I listed off her parents / sister’s names and he was gobsmacked. I guess he mentions her to every Brit he sees but ever expected anyone to know her, it was a funny moment!

Anyway, back in the park we head back to the car & drove to Olive Garden feeling hungry now. I had a free starter voucher so we used that on some mozzarella sticks, I then had the madeira chicken and Aaron had the chicken parm. Edith shared ours as we knew there would be too much food. We also ate the salad & 2 lots of breadsticks!

We drove to Disney Springs next & parked in the Lime garage.. we wondered around & grabbed a sundae from Ghiradelli, with a diet coke it cost is $20. This, and our $30 pretzel and beer this morning really highlighted to me the cost of Disney, it’s the main reason we would never buy into DVC and I think from now on we will always stay offsite, even with the dining plan offer, I feel that nothing is worth the money & I genuinely enjoy the offsite food & hotels more.

We finished the evening watching a dance off between college age boys and 6 year old girls which was very cute. We head home and were in bed not long after 9pm.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Enjoying your updates as always It's lovely seeing you all Disney now with Edith after years of Universal lol but I'm glad staying off-site is still your preference ... you haven't gone over to the soft side completely!

Love that balcony that Edith is pictured at every morning - how is the resort? We have gone for Bahama Bay which I know was on your short-list but I can see now why you went for this one!

Ali
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Really interesting to hear about the DVC tour, I'd like to do it, but need to find a day where we wouldn't mind sacrificing park time.

Olive Garden looks fabulous, I think I've like to try their mozzy sticks!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Another fab day!
Thanks

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Enjoying your updates as always It's lovely seeing you all Disney now with Edith after years of Universal lol but I'm glad staying off-site is still your preference ... you haven't gone over to the soft side completely!

Love that balcony that Edith is pictured at every morning - how is the resort? We have gone for Bahama Bay which I know was on your short-list but I can see now why you went for this one!

Ali
Ill never swap to the dark side I love America & disney is one part of that for me, I love the offsite restaurants and hotels.

The resort was fabulous, we were so happy with it all. Location was unbeatable and the condo was huge!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Really interesting to hear about the DVC tour, I'd like to do it, but need to find a day where we wouldn't mind sacrificing park time.

Olive Garden looks fabulous, I think I've like to try their mozzy sticks!
Do it, it took 1.5 hours in total and tbh in HS we had run out of things to do!

The mozzarella sticks were yum! We had to fight Edith for them
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Loving all the DHS photos, your matching t-shirts are fab!

I never knew there were perks that came with taking the DVC tour! Are they set FPs you get given?
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Loving all the DHS photos, your matching t-shirts are fab!

I never knew there were perks that came with taking the DVC tour! Are they set FPs you get given?
I'm still amazed I got Aaron to wear a matching Tshirt He wont normally leave the house with me if we are in the same colour

The FP are not for set rides but obviously not usable on FOP/Navi? TSM ect. Most of the main rides though, you get a list on MDE telling you what you can use them on.

Definitely worth the hour for the 50$ and then the FP are an extra perk! I loved going backstage too so HS was a great place to get the ride from.
Old 12 Jul 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another good day

Joan