Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Jun 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Ooo... I really want to try a Grapefruit Margarita!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you enjoyed Boma, it's a big favourite of ours. We've already got our table booked for August!
I plan to get the Zebra Domes too from The Mara 😀
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Glad you enjoyed Boma, it's a big favourite of ours. We've already got our table booked for August!
I plan to get the Zebra Domes too from The Mara 😀
Us too - 2 dinners and 1 breakfast currently! 😂😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Great start to your unexpected food report keep it going!
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
elm
Trading Disney Pins

Sorry for the delay in updating, last week ran away from me.

Day 3 - Epcot and Animal Kingdom

We had a lazy start and had a small flapjack for breakfast in the room, with the idea being something small would mean we'd have room to try a few things at the Flower and Garden Festival.

We had been on a few rides in the morning and were starting to get peckish, so we decided to make a start on walking around the World Showcase. We stopped at The Citrus Blossom to try the Orange Cream Slushy. This was ok at first, but soon became very weird and almost felt like it was burning the back of our throats a bit. Wouldn't have it again, but it's a nice little keepsake.

Our first stop for some lunch was at The Smokehouse in the American Pavilion. We ordered a Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw and a Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue, and House-made Pickle.

L - Beef brisket etc. R - Pulled pig.

We cut these in half so we could both try some. Both were nice, the brisket one had a bit of a kick.

We also ordered an The American Dream - Frozen Strawberry, Vanilla Ice Cream and Frozen Blue Raspberry Slushy.

We carried on wandering round and taking pictures of the topiaries until we reached Pineapple Promenade. My brother decided to try the Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Fanta. He preferred the regular dole whip float, but in terms of size and flavour. This one was tiddly.

I went for the Frozen Violet Lemonade. This was lovely, gave me brain freeze about four times, but it tasted SO good.

We heading back to the hotel around 3pm. Whilst having a bit of a rest in the room, my brother managed to get a fastpass for FOP for 2hrs time. That decided our evening plans for us, we'd go to Animal Kingdom and have dinner there too.

After FOP we headed to Flame Tree Barbeque. I ordered the French Fries with Pulled Pork and Cheese, which are a great snack credit. I really enjoyed these.

My brother had the Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler - Smoked Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork served with Signature Baked Beans and Coleslaw. He gave me his beans. This is $18.99 if paying OOP, so great to get for a QS credit. He opted for coke. We used mobile ordering for this and it made things so much quicker.

We continued having a mooch round. I fancied something for desert and had seen Disney Food Blog rave about the Mini Mango Pie and the
Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes
. I was so disappointed by this. It didn't taste of much at all. It was such a waste of calories.

After this we went on the safari and also went over to Pandora and took some pictures of it lit up at night, before then heading back to the hotel for the night.

Total steps: 27,326. Total blisters: Two

Edited at 07:42 AM.
elm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
elm
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Ooo... I really want to try a Grapefruit Margarita!
It was really nice. Had a bit of a kick, but not too strong that I couldn't focus afterwards. I had the Polite Punch cocktail last year and had to keep watering it down as I found it too strong. I am a bit of a lightweight though!
elm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
elm
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Must try the turkey at PP it looks a nice lighter option than beef. Boma is one of our faves too.
I pinched a bit of my brother's and was very surprised by it. I never pick turkey as it's usually dry, but this wasn't at all. Would highly recommend it.
Old 11 Jun 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Really enjoying your report, so glad you decided to go ahead with it!

I am not a big fan of Be Our Guest breakfast either, I have been on the fence about whether or not to go. I had to laugh at that muffin claiming yet another victim.

Twelve rides by 12.30 is fantastic, we love rope drop morning in MK.

I would love to know what the issue at Homecomin’ was with your delayed seating.

I was very excited to see Boma was somewhere you decided to pay for OOP, a huge favourite of mine. I actually hinted to my OH today that I’d like to forego our planned iHOP breakfast for Boma, his silence told me that is not an option haha.

Polite Pig looks fantastic, a real hidden gem and fabulous value for a QS credit.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
elm
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks Collybird.

The people on the booth at Homecomin' just kept saying they were clearing the table, which would have been fair enough, but when several large groups came in after us and appeared to be taken to tables straight away, it got pretty annoying. Wouldn't stop me going back though.
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Your Pulled pork fries look good, shame about the Mango pie! AK is gorgeous when it’s dark, how great to get a FP for FOP too.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List