Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jun 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DaMouse
Getting to know the DIBB

What would you do?

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker around these forums, finally decided to post as I have a question. It's more life/financial question but orientated around Disney, I'm not asking for expertise financial advice I'm just asking what would you do so I can sense check.

Current situation, me, my wife, 3 yr old daughter. We were planning a visit next year (Currently quoted £5800 ish). Now, an opportunity has come up where we could go this August (£4995) if I paid it on my 0% credit card and paid it back off next year by saving as though we were planning to go (if that makes sense)

My immediate thought process is, yep it's cheaper let's go for it and if we were going to be saving up anyway there's not a problem. Potentially next year we could have another child, wife could be pregnant life could happen which could result in us not going. Aware that if any of these happen it would eat into our 'savings' however would not put us into any hardship, just probably take longer to pay off the cc.

We would have £2000 cash available to use as spends if we went this August so there's no issue there.

Like I said, not really after financial advice just a rather what would you do? It's by no means going to be a once in a lifetime trip but probably not that often.

Thanks everyone.

ps love the forum.
DaMouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

When in Aug and when were you planning on going next year
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

I’d do it, I’m very much in the camp of live for today cos you don’t know what’s around the corner.

x

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023, Disneyland Hotel 2025
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017, Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
As much my approach is always "Can you go? Yes - then go!" I'm not sure taking on debt to do that is wise.

My "you should go" approach is predicated on none of us knowing what is around the corner, so have fun whilst you can.

But, by the same token, if you take on debt and hit an unexpected bump in the road in the next year or so, you may find that you are struggling to service that debt and end up in a bad place.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DaMouse
Getting to know the DIBB

This year it would be 17th-31st

Similar dates next year, tied to term dates unfortunately.
DaMouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Do it. I’m with Toria_dee. Live for today.
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DaMouse View Post
This year it would be 17th-31st

Similar dates next year, tied to term dates unfortunately.
The American kids will be back at school then so best part of our school holidays to go.
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd save up and go next year, as once you have been once you will want to go again and that might impact your commitment to paying off the c.c...just my opinion...I also think live for today, but we all need to be sensible too financially
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I was going to say wait till next year as it gives you time to save up, but if you might have another child, then go this year & pay it back if it’s 0%& it’s cheaper so Bonus
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

Do it, parks will be quiter, as long as finacially it wont give any issues, lots changes in 12 months.

carpe diem as the greeks would have said
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List