Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jul 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm a 'saver' so only go on holiday if I've got the cash in the bank and I tend to use the credit card as a way of managing my money rather than borrowing from it - if that makes sense.

Having recently just had to shell out £4k for a new roof on the house which wasn't in the budget, I'm only too aware that a big bill could be just around the corner.

'Living for today' to me means being able to live happily for 52 weeks of the year not just two
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I personally wouldn't do it.
I hate having outstanding balances on my cc and I just couldn't justify it for a holiday.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I would wait and go with the original plan. Your daughter will take more from it next ear also.

I never live for the day and always have contingency plans in place. A real you never know what's around the corner stalwart. I know we all see things differently but this keeps me in my happy place.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie 12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Go for it and enjoy you have thought everything through
minnie 12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DaMouse View Post
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker around these forums, finally decided to post as I have a question. It's more life/financial question but orientated around Disney, I'm not asking for expertise financial advice I'm just asking what would you do so I can sense check.

Current situation, me, my wife, 3 yr old daughter. We were planning a visit next year (Currently quoted £5800 ish). Now, an opportunity has come up where we could go this August (£4995) if I paid it on my 0% credit card and paid it back off next year by saving as though we were planning to go (if that makes sense)

My immediate thought process is, yep it's cheaper let's go for it and if we were going to be saving up anyway there's not a problem. Potentially next year we could have another child, wife could be pregnant life could happen which could result in us not going. Aware that if any of these happen it would eat into our 'savings' however would not put us into any hardship, just probably take longer to pay off the cc.

We would have £2000 cash available to use as spends if we went this August so there's no issue there.

Like I said, not really after financial advice just a rather what would you do? It's by no means going to be a once in a lifetime trip but probably not that often.

Thanks everyone.

ps love the forum.
Go for it. You have the spending money and whilst to some it’s debt,it’s interest free so as long as you can pay it up before that period runs out then why not.

We’re very much live in the moment people and I say that as a person who unexpected things have happened to.
Old 21 Jul 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A friend of mine booked a "once in a lifetime" trip to Washington, NYC, Vegas and California for 3 weeks for 2ad 1ch.

She did loads of overtime plus put a large chunk on a credit card.

They had an awesome trip, wanted to book to go back straight away but had the cc to pay off - she said it wasn't worth it - putting it on the card - and then having to use up rest days AFTER the holiday to do overtime wasnt as nearly as good as doing to before she went

Personally i'd wait - and I am VERY much in the live for today camp.
The thought of having to pay it all off when we got back would really affect my ability to enjoy my holiday - a couple of hundred extra spent while away is very different from having to find a couple of thousand when you get back!

Florida will always be there whether you go this year or next - but you won't have the worry of "what if" when you get back.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List