Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 12 Jun 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Lorraine Kelly?

Hi all,

I tend to watch Good Morning Britain whilst getting ready for work, and whilst I’m not a huge Lorraine Kelly fan, I’ve always thought she’s seemed like a really nice person.

But did anyone see her reaction to Esther McVey a couple of mornings ago? Now I have no feelings towards the politician either way, but I really felt that Lorraine let herself down. It was almost as though the mask slipped and now I find myself this morning watching her and feeling how false she seems.

It’s unusual for me, based on one small incident, to change my mind about someone - but I’m looking at her totally differently now! - I guess it’s unusual to see presenters change so dramatically in an instant, but she really made her dislike obvious didn’t she?!

Has anyone else’s opinion of Lorraine lowered after seeing her this week? Guess I’m just surprised that it’s really put me off her!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Not a huge fan of Lorraine in general but have to agree with her dislike of mcvey,her handing of disability and LGBT rights is appauling.

Edited at 08:42 AM.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

You could see straightaway there seemed to be some history between them and she didn't react very well. I'm not a fan of hers anyway, so nothing changed much for me.

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s funny how your opinion of someone can change in a split second, I know exactly what you mean.

I’ve seen a couple of celebs on the telly over the years where something they did made me dislike them.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I think this hit a nerve for sure and I agree with the amy56 with regard to Lorraine.

The best bit for me this morning was in respect of the TV licence debate and Piers pointed out the if over 75s chose not to pay, they might go to jail and get free, food, heating and TV as a result !

Disney332
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I can’t watch her , to me she comes across as a silly giggly schoolgirl , she is a grown woman but doesn’t act like it , always thought she was fake , don’t watch the programme but seems the mask has finally slipped .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Yes I seen this, Esther managed to skim over it without showing any real animosity but Lorraine clearly was holding some sort of grudge albeit she denied it.

She definately has a professional face and it’s not her real one.
She is too agreeable and too “nice” at times.
I still quite like her though.
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

I actually think Lorraine is quite false so for me it was refreshing to see her real emotions.

I don't think she is that good an interviewer anyway but fair play to her she has built a great career out of it.

Believe there are some issues regarding avoiding paying tax...will need to read up on that as only seen the headlines
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I changed my mind about Lorraine Kelly a while ago. She herself acknowledges that the “performance” on her programme is just that, an act. This is how she avoided paying a £1.2 m tax bill HMRC raised. HMRC argued she was an employee she said she was a self employed performer. She won the case.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

This BBC article explains the background a bit more:

bbc/news/entertainment-arts-48593068

"McVey has consistently voted against LGBT rights such as gay marriage, which was legalised under David Cameron's coalition government in 2014.

"Yesterday, Piers, I'll be honest with you, I just got sick to the back teeth of the whole toxic political atmosphere," Kelly said.

"I strongly disagree with her on LGBT rights, I just thought, I've had enough of this, we've had two-and-a-half years of going round in circles and not sorting Brexit out, and now we've got a state in Britain where people are at each other's throats, and it's got to stop."

Personally I have never been fussed about Lorraine Kelly either way - but after this I think I like her!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List