Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 22 Jun 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Russ448
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Buying universal tickets through virgin

Do virgin send you real tickets or is it a voucher you need to exchange on your first day at the park? Thanks in advance.
Russ448 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I've bought with virgin and had email to say I can 'download' my tickets in 16 days so I guess that means download a voucher to exchange there really.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yeah voucher, just make sure you get to guest relations early to exchange to avoid the queues 👍🏼
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Voucher
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda

Mobile

I downloaded my voucher yesterday and well... its literally a piece of virgin headed paper with my name on, no barcode, no voucher number, no universal reference... nothing! Really hope I dont have problems exchanging for tickets! I spoke on live chat and the lady said it should be proper tickets downloaded then said a colleague told her its changed and what I have is correct... seems odd! What if 10 John Smith's go to exchange for tickets on the same day? Surely the virgin holiday booking number means nothing to universal, I want a code number!
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda

Mobile

Has anyone else downloaded their virgin universal vouchers yet?
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
T.jenni
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi yes mine were exactly as described above, I too was a little surprised.
T.jenni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda

Mobile

Originally Posted by T.jenni View Post
Hi yes mine were exactly as described above, I too was a little surprised.
Hopefully there won't be a problem, not sure I would buy from virgin again though, I like a physical ticket!
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

It is definitely a voucher that becomes available to you roughly 30 days before you fly, same as Disney tickets.

Virgin refused to release my disney ticket references to me any earlier than 30 days (I have a night on site bought separately so I can book 2 days of fastpasses at 60 days), so I cancelled them yesterday along with the universal tickets, and bought the equivalent from Attraction tickets Direct and still managed to end up a fiver better off after their cancellation fees. I think it is thanks to the ATD kids price offer, as virgin did price match to a previous ticket offer when we booked.

We will have real, physical tickets in 7 days now, that I can link at 60 days and won't have to queue at guest services to exchange.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

We downloaded our virgin headed paper with our tickets on last year. We just took it to Universal guest services but make sure you have ID. I believe if you stay onsite they can change them into tickets at the hotel but I've never done this.
Louise

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List