Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 26 Jun 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
OMG brilliant we fly on 17 August will it still be on then? Kids will be so happy!
entertainment.ba/en/ on the top of the page on this link it says 'whats on my flight' you just type in your flight details and it will tell you.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Just looked at mine for August, didn’t know we could see already! With that and Captain Marvel that should keep my older two happy for the flight, and I can probably get the little one to watch Lego Movie 2!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Just looked at mine for August, didn’t know we could see already! With that and Captain Marvel that should keep my older two happy for the flight, and I can probably get the little one to watch Lego Movie 2!
Its a really good choice.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Its a really good choice.
Yes it looks good, Fantastic Beasts too. There’s lots I would like to watch, interrupting children permitting
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Yes it looks good, Fantastic Beasts too. There’s lots I would like to watch, interrupting children permitting
Ha ha yes exactly the same here, they should have a kids only section on the plane.
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Cheers OP it’s on our return flight (8th August) but not outbound 22nd July.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
florenceandmary
Getting Excited

I love checking out which movies will be played on my flight! I can see Dumbo and Captain Marvel are on mine and luckily we fly back the following month I cannot see yet - fingers crossed Endgame is on there!
florenceandmary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i don't understand why anyone would want to watch such an epic movie on such a tiny tiny little screen? i'm not saying it should always be watched on an IMAX screen, but on an 8 inch tablet stuck to the back of a seat? i think it would just ruin the experience, especially if you've not seen it several times already...

stick to cartoons, romcoms and mumblecore, where there's not much in the way of visual stimulation.

or is it just me?
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i don't understand why anyone would want to watch such an epic movie on such a tiny tiny little screen? i'm not saying it should always be watched on an IMAX screen, but on an 8 inch tablet stuck to the back of a seat? i think it would just ruin the experience, especially if you've not seen it several times already...

stick to cartoons, romcoms and mumblecore, where there's not much in the way of visual stimulation.

or is it just me?
not just you...

I remember last time the main offering on ours was the Man From UNCLE -teeny tiny screen, teeny tiny subtitles and action - made me laugh watching loads of people having to put their glasses on to watch.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
First time I saw it was imax, next 5 times was big standard cinema screen. Given the choice I’d go back to imax, but if it wasn’t between watching it again on my phone or not watching it at all I’d pick my phone lol
Totally agree with this, if I’m sitting for 9 hours on a plane and I have the chance to watch an amazing film for 1/3 of the flight I would happily watch it on anything