Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 29 Jun 19, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I’m on Anna Maria island now. I took antihistamines daily for 4 weeks before coming and was using Skin so Soft (uk version) with a layer of jungle formula on top. And I was being eaten alive! Well over 40 bites in 3 days.

We bought a 40% deet spray in Walmart but I still got bitten. In desperation I posted on the Anna Maria page on Facebook and it was the locals who told me it was actually noseeums that were biting me and not mosquitos as I had thought.

Among the suggestions was this stuff called ‘Off! Deep Woods’ which I bought from CVS and it’s amazing. I’ve had no new bites since

And I was also told to get ‘Cortizone 10’ to ease the bites I already had, and again, it’s amazing. I woke next day with no itching, all the swelling down and no more pain. Both Great stuff.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year

Edited at 02:36 AM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

As I said in Nother post I'm never bitten Avon stuff has always worked
Even in other states
But this time the mozzies are vicious I've resorted to the off and calamine if I do get bitten DH the same never bitten got a cracker right by his eye that was a CVS nurse consultant visit anti biotics and
Calamine by the bucket load he was bitten in MK
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
I’m on Anna Maria island now. I took antihistamines daily for 4 weeks before coming and was using Skin so Soft (uk version) with a layer of jungle formula on top. And I was being eaten alive! Well over 40 bites in 3 days.

We bought a 40% deet spray in Walmart but I still got bitten. In desperation I posted on the Anna Maria page on Facebook and it was the locals who told me it was actually noseeums that were biting me and not mosquitos as I had thought.

Among the suggestions was this stuff called ‘Off! Deep Woods’ which I bought from CVS and it’s amazing. I’ve had no new bites since

And I was also told to get ‘Cortizone 10’ to ease the bites I already had, and again, it’s amazing. I woke next day with no itching, all the swelling down and no more pain. Both Great stuff.

Thanks for these tips, Helen.

I think I may have to stock up too.

Old 30 Jun 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

I wrote this make down in my "Florida Planning" book and am happy to report I've just found it on Amazon! It's on my shopping list
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Oh I saw your post on the Anna Maria page! I read all the comments as we had the same issue last year (we had skin so soft UK version and deet and still got eaten!) so good to know the things the recommended worked!

Do you remember how much they were from CVS? Wondering if it's worth waiting till we get there as it seems pretty steep on Amazon!

Hope you are enjoying AMI.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the tips. I was bitten to death at home a couple of nights ago and definitely don't want to be bitten while we're away. OUCH! I'm so frickin itchy!
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Oh I saw your post on the Anna Maria page! I read all the comments as we had the same issue last year (we had skin so soft UK version and deet and still got eaten!) so good to know the things the recommended worked!

Do you remember how much they were from CVS? Wondering if it's worth waiting till we get there as it seems pretty steep on Amazon!

Hope you are enjoying AMI.
They were both around $10 each. Both $9 something

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

They were both around $10 each. Both $9 something
Ahh ok great I will wait till we get there and just go to the store to stock up as soon as we land... well the day after, I am usually like a zombie by the end of travel day

Thank you
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
I actually saw some off deep woods in Walmart for $5.88 yesterday but it wasn’t the sportsman one so was 25% deet instead of 30%. Might still be ok though.
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DebsMK
Very Serious Dibber

Deep Woods Off! is the first thing I buy when I get to Florida lol! You can get a sort of oily version, a dry powder version and I have seen wipes which are handy in case you forget to spray. The Avon stuff did nothing for me at all sadly

Back soon!
DebsMK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List