Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jun 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile Where to eat near Holiday Inn Heathrow

We are flying from Heathrow for the first time next month for our trip to Vietnam. We have booked the Holiday Inn on Bath Road for the night before our flight with an included breakfast. We were wondering if anyone has any recommendations for somewhere to eat our evening meal within walking distance of the Holiday Inn, or if anyone has eaten at the Holiday Inn and if the restaurant is nice there.

We recently flew from Birmingham Airport and stayed at the Travelodge there and the restaurant was quite poor, with very little choice and it was more like a canteen than a restaurant so we were hoping for a nicer meal before our next flight.

TIA Sue
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
haven't been to that holiday inn but you're about a mile from the Pheasant Inn which is often recommended and comes highly rated pheasant-restaurant/ I'm not sure how safe the walk is, it might be better by car - I'm sure someone else will comment
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
haven't been to that holiday inn but you're about a mile from the Pheasant Inn which is often recommended and comes highly rated pheasant-restaurant/ I'm not sure how safe the walk is, it might be better by car - I'm sure someone else will comment
I did notice that on google maps but wondered if the road is safe to walk. As we have booked a hotel and car parking package we prefer to be within walking distance for a meal, plus we can have a couple of drinks if we are walking. The restaurant can be a simple reasonably priced chain restaurant, such as a Premier Inn Thyme, as long as the food is a decent standard. Our recent meal at Travelogue was similar to an overpriced McD’s 😟
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Is that the round Holiday Inn? I’d be happy to walk it but it does get less tourist friendly before you reach the Pheasant. Uber would be very affordable.

The restaurant there is typical HI style and menu (if there were other options, I’d take them).
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Is that the round Holiday Inn? I’d be happy to walk it but it does get less tourist friendly before you reach the Pheasant. Uber would be very affordable.

The restaurant there is typical HI style and menu (if there were other options, I’d take them).
I’m not sure if it’s the round HI as we have never stayed at Heathrow before 😀 . I hadn’t considered Uber as we don’t have them in our area, thanks, that’s a good idea. Would we need to book the Pheasant if we were eating from the bar menu? Both bar and restaurant menus look very good but we may prefer an informal bar meal. It’s a Saturday night so probably very busy and I wouldn’t want to book an Uber to find there was no availability in the bar and I hadn’t booked
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I’m not sure if it’s the round HI as we have never stayed at Heathrow before 😀 . I hadn’t considered Uber as we don’t have them in our area, thanks, that’s a good idea. Would we need to book the Pheasant if we were eating from the bar menu? Both bar and restaurant menus look very good but we may prefer an informal bar meal. It’s a Saturday night so probably very busy and I wouldn’t want to book an Uber to find there was no availability in the bar and I hadn’t booked
I think, not sure, it might have been Ariel Holiday Inn when we stayed a few years ago (? ) May be wrong.

I’m going to pass on the Pheasant booking question, I honestly don’t know. Sorry
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Definitely the Pheasant Inn! We go once a month for Sunday dinner it’s that good. I personally wouldn’t walk it, but would be only 5 mins in a cab or Uber
Edit to say we’ve never eaten from the bar menu only the restaurant but wouldn’t hurt to book just in case as it is a Saturday night

Edited at 08:45 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Definitely the Pheasant Inn! We go once a month for Sunday dinner it’s that good. I personally wouldn’t walk it, but would be only 5 mins in a cab or Uber
Edit to say we’ve never eaten from the bar menu only the restaurant but wouldn’t hurt to book just in case as it is a Saturday night
Thank you, it certainly looks very nice. I read the menu earlier and it left me very hungry 😀
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post

I love this Karen, less tourist friendly 😂
As someone who lives not far, it is a crap hole round there. It’s funny to think that when the pub was first built it would have been surrounded by fields, now it’s a stones throw from the runway and surrounded by a council estate

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lairbears
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Try the Three Magpies, regular pub grub. I have used it a few times in the past whilst staying at the Park Inn.
Lairbears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List